⁰³⁶ ⊱𝘒𝘦𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘶𝘱 𝘈-𝘍𝘦𝘢𝘳-𝘈𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘴⊰

❝We bury things so deep we no longer remember there was anything to bury

We bury things so deep we no longer remember there was anything to bury. Our bodies remember. Our neurotic states remember. But we don't.

· · ─────── ·✬· ─────── · ·

Chapter Thirty-six

Water colliding against the rocks with the wind blowing at an even pace, her chocolate-brown hair flowing gingerly with the wind, a content hum passing her lips. She closes her eyes, allowing herself to be at pace -- the waves were peaceful to listen to, it was one thing that could ease down her stress.

The cold harsh waves splash once more against the solid rocks -- some came over and drench her exposed skin to the wetness, she shuddered but, enjoyed the welcoming water to engulf her delicate body, allowing herself to be one with nature and feel more at peace than she ever did. Her mind ceased any negative thoughts -- giving her some space in her mind to allow new thoughts -- hopefully -- positive ones that could create memories she was fond of.

Her eyes-lids flickered open, revealing her chocolate-brown doe orbs -- taking in the beautiful view Infront of her, as the water continued to collide against the drenched solid rocks with each forceful wave that could easily send anyone underneath, suffocating them and forcing them to sink deeper as the light above gets dimmer. The ocean was gorgeous but, deadly with numerous creatures roaming from underneath, protecting their home from outsiders.

What would an ocean be without a monster lurking in the dark? It would be like sleep without dreams. There's certainly nothing wrong with enjoying looking at the surface of the ocean itself, except that when you finally see what goes on underwater, you realize that you've been missing the whole point of the ocean. Staying on the surface all the time is like going to the circus and staring at the outside of the tent.

Nothing was more peaceful -- relaxing -- as of this moment right now. She enjoyed, cherished every second, every minute -- and every hour savoring, where she desired to stay for an entity. But, even the good things must come to an end and allow the negative things to consume a short amount of time to have this moment once more. And she would allow any negative moments to consume her time -- just to have this same delightful moment again and again.

Every time she has this moment for herself, it was like unwrapping presents at Christmas -- finding the same present -- but instead of complaining -- she cherished it every single time, loving every second of it without a complaint leaving those lips of hers.

"~Why do I always find you here, darlin'?~"

Such a delicate yet soothing voice ringed through the chocolate-brown hair girl ears, she turned and looked over shoulders -- a soft smile tugging at the corner of her lips, seeing the person she cherished -- as well -- come into view. Her chocolate-brown doe orbs gleamed with excitement, her arms spread out wide, as she faced the -- now -- person standing in front of her with a genuine smile of their own.