[14]「TearDrops」

After walking around all day with Lilith, Sophia finally found the opportunity to find a way to escape her just for a few minutes. She informed Lilith that she was heading to the Library to find this book that she's been wanting to get for a while now.

Of course, this was just a simple lie. Sophia just couldn't get away from Lilith just for a minute without her popping up out of nowhere. It just annoyed her and she didn't care about leaving Lilith for just a few minutes, just to breathe without Lilith breathing down her neck.

Luckily, Sophia made it to the library without having Lilith beside her, bothering her, or just saying something that only made Sophia want to beam a Frost spike through her face. She just hopes she could get some alone time away from Lilith and have this day go by faster.

"Sophia?" A voice called out, making Sophia lift her head and look around until her eyes landed on a familiar blight standing near the Library stairs.

Sophia looked at the Blight confused, walking up to her. "What are you doing here, Mittens?"

"I could ask you the same," Amity says, crossing her arms with a questionable look. "Here to get a book? Because I never seen you read something that doesn't involve studying."

"Just trying to get away from Lilith," Sophia answered, pulling down her hood and shrugging her shoulders. "Why is your face so red?"

Amity rolled her eyes, looking away. "Emira & Edric is trying to annoy me."

"Isn't that every day, Mittens?" Sophia teased, smiling down at the Blight teen.

"Yeah, but this time they're hanging out with that human girl to annoy me because I and that human girl had several arguments with one another," Amity informs, annoyed with her siblings.

"Ugh." Sophia groans, rolling her eyes to even hear that the Blights would waste their time with the Owl Lady's student. "They would stoop that low? How exhausting."

"Yeah." Amity agreed, leaning her back against the stone white wall. "Supposedly they're coming back here later tonight. Want to join me and spook them?"

Sophia grows a smirk, chuckling lightly. "It would be my pleasure, Mittens."

"Alright." Amity smiles, leaning off of the wall. "Meet me here late, Sappi."

"Sappi?" Sophia questioned, confused as she watches Amity walk away laughing.

"Just a nickname like Mittens," Amity shouted out as she walked away, making Sophia rolled her eyes playfully.

After Amity left, Sophia headed into the library, hoping to find a book that piqued her interest, so when Lilith finds her, she would have a book and not have to lie again, even though it was the easier choice to escape Lilith's sight for a few minutes.

Once she entered, Sophia begins to look around the Library, finding some lame book to read or, well, just use it as a cover-up about the lie she made towards Lilith. But, who knows. Maybe, she'll enjoy the book, depending on if it was interesting. Though, she heard it many times before; you should never judge a book by its cover, rather search inside the book to discover what's really hidden which may either pique your interest or disappoint you.

"Ah, welcome, Emperor Sophia." The owner said, making Sophia turn her head to meet eyes with the owner. "Do you need any help to find anything? Something to read?"

Sophia turned her head away and begins to move her fingers across the books on the shelves, examining each book. "Indeed. May you find a book for me that would interest me."