[10]「Deceitful lies」

"Sophia!" Lilith shouted out, walking up to the two Witches, clutching her palisman in her right hand. "Do you have any idea how much trouble you are in?"

"L-Lilith?" Sophia questioned, standing up from the ground, along with Emira. "W-What are you doing here?"

"Clearly in search for you," Lilith informed, stopping in front of the two Witches, eyeing them. "But, it seems you've been busy with this Blight."

"T-That is none of your business, Lilith," Sophia stated, glaring at the elder Witch with hatred filled into her eyes. "And what? You came in search for me because you couldn't handle things back at the Witches Covention yourself?"

Lilith turned and glared at Sophia, anger slowly building up within her. "Such an immature child you are. But, I don't have time for your games. Emperor Belos awaits us back at the Coven immediately."

With that, Lilith turned around and processed to walk forth, then stopped a few feet away, waiting for the teen Witch to come along. She didn't feel like dealing with any Sophia games right now. She had enough things on her plate already and this immature child is not something Lilith wants to deal with right now.

Sophia balled her fist, annoyed at the elder Witch, but she soon felt someone gently touch her right hand, catching her attention to see Emira softly smiling at the teen human Witch, calming down Sophia a little.

"Go, before you get into more trouble," said Emira, leaning in and planting a small peck onto Sophia's right cheek. "Don't worry, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Y-Yeah, alright." Sophia smiled, rubbing her thumb across Emira's knuckles, before she begins to proceed to walk forth, breathing heavily as she soon caught up to Lilith, stopping beside her, looking down.

Lilith eyed Sophia in the corner of her left eye. "Remember that the Coven comes first before anything else, dear child," Lilith mumbled. "Now, let's head back to the Coven before Emperor Belos punish both of us."

The two Witches begin to proceed to walk away, leaving Dead Man's curve and back to the Coven where Emperor Belos awaits not just Lilith, but his dearest Pupil, Sophia Noceda.

*

After an hour or so, both Lilith and Sophia finally reached the Coven where they stood in front of Emperor Belos' door. Sophia letting out a heavy breath, knowing that Emperor Belos would be disappointed with her for disobeying a task that was given to her specifically by him. She just couldn't deal with all the stress on her, especially watching Lilith if she were to mess up on capturing the Owl Lady, and unfortunately, she failed again. Lilith informed her about it on the way back, which Sophia only felt more nervous to speak with Emperor Belos about that situation.

"Just let me do the talking, Sophia," said Lilith, breaking the silence between them. "You'll only make things worse. Understand?"

Lilith turned her head, focusing her attention on the nervous Witch beside her, that was clutching the side of Emperor's cloak.

"Did you hear me?" Lilith asked, placing her hand down upon Sophia's right shoulder.

Sophia snapped from her thoughts, lifting her head and turning her attention onto the elder Witch. "W-What?"

"I said; Let me do the talking, alright?" Lilith repeated, smiling a little. "Maybe, he won't punish you."

Sophia gently chuckles nervously, running her hand through her chocolate brown hair. "Y-Yeah, Hopefully.

After the small conversation, Lilith and Sophia eventually entered the room, feeling Emperor Belos' eyes glare at them as soon as they walked in.

Sophia continued to clutch her Emperor's Coven cloak, still feeling nervous around her teacher, Emperor Belos, whenever she got into trouble. Though that was sometimes rarely whenever she did, her punishments weren't quite friendly. She remembers one of her punishments was she had to train twenty-four hours with Kikimora. Her legs felt like noodles after that.

The two Witches soon stopped in front of Emperor Belos, bowing down to show respect to him. Of course, Sophia still feeling nervous each second she was around him. Something she doesn't do, never get nervous around anymore, except for certain people like Emira or Emperor Belos.

Lilith leans up, pulling down her hood. "Emperor Belos, I've-"

"Silence!" Emperor Belos demanded, eyeing her before his gaze lands upon Sophia. "Why didn't you arrive back at the Coven with Lilith?"

"E-Emperor Belos, I-I was-" Sophia stammered, feeling herself freeze up.

"Emperor Belos, Sophia was tracking down the Owl Lady after she escaped from the Witch Covention." Lilith chimed in, stepping forward a bit. "That's the reason why she didn't return with me. And, I certainly didn't expect Sophia to continue her search after searching for her."

Emperor Belos eyed Lilith, glaring at her as she felt his gaze burning a hole through her very body. She just hopes Emperor Belos would buy this, for she had no other option to protect Sophia's little secret with that Blight Girl. Oh, how Emperor Belos would freak out if he found out about it.

Lilith stood properly, looking at Emperor Belos before her gaze went upon Sophia. Lilith indeed cared for the young human, she hated to see her get punished for simple things like she seen back at Dead Man's curve. She cared for Sophia like a mother, of course, both having disagreements with one another about certain things, but Lilith watched Sophia get raised in the Coven when she was just a little child and she would do anything in her power to protect Sophia, even if Sophia hated her at times or they argued every single time.

"Is that so, Lilith?" Emperor Belos questioned, leaning back in his chair, resting his head against his hand.

"Yes, Emperor Belos," Lilith replied, holding her palisman to her side, staring at the Emperor in front of her. Hoping he would believe every word she said.

Emperor Belos gently tapped his fingers down upon his chair, glaring at the Witch. "Take my Pupil to her room, Lilith. Then come to me so we can talk about further things. Understood?"

"Yes, of course, Emperor Belos," said Lilith, bowing down before she turned around and quickly guided Sophia out of the room without any hesitation.