2

"So we finally managed to get Mommy to spend some time in L.A., huh, Beth?" Puck asked, handing Quinn a piña colada. "Easy in the sun, Q."

"Thanks." Quinn said as she took the drink. "And don't worry, I put sunscreen on before we got here."

Puck nodded as he joined Beth in the pool. Beth had only just turned six about a month prior, but she had been swimming since she was three or four. Puck taught her when he moved to L.A.

"So, Quinn." Puck began. "You thinking of coming to L.A. now that you're done at Yale?"

"I don't know." Quinn shrugged. "Honestly, it has to be what Beth and I want: New York or L.A."

Puck nodded. "Well, you know there's always a place for you here. Both of you."

"I know." Quinn smiled as Beth climbed out of the pool. "Thanks."

"Hey, princess, where are you going?" Puck wondered.

"I'm thirsty." Beth answered.

"I don't want you going inside soaking wet. I'll get you something." Puck said, climbing out of the pool. He wiped himself off with a towel before he went inside. He ran into his dad in the kitchen. "What are you doing?"

"I was coming to get something to eat, and I wanted to see what she looked like." James answered. "If she looked like you."

"She looks like her mom." Puck replied as he grabbed a juice box for Beth. "And you should go back upstairs."

"Can I meet her, Noah?" James asked. "She is my grandchild."

"No. Well, at least not yet." Puck said. "You need to stay away from her unless Quinn or I say otherwise."

"You don't trust me?" James asked.

"I don't trust anyone but Quinn when it comes to our daughter." Puck stated.

James nodded slowly.

"Please just go upstairs." Puck requested.

"I'll stay out of the way." James promised.

"Text me if you need something." Puck said. "I'll come get you when they're gone."

"Okay." James nodded as he walked away.

Puck went back outside and handed Beth the juice box.

"Thanks, Daddy." Beth smiled as she sipped it.

"You're welcome, B." Puck smiled back as he sat down on Beth's lounge chair.

"Daddy, can I go in the hot tub?" Beth wondered.

"Well, you know the hot tub is for grown ups." Puck stated. "But I guess we can let you go in it for a few minutes just this once."

"Yay!" Beth exclaimed, tossing her juice box to the ground as she jumped up. "Come on!"