41

"Hey." Puck said softly as he entered his room. Beth was asleep on Quinn's lap.

"Hey." Quinn responded. "Come in."

Puck closed the door and joined Quinn and Beth on the bed. "I'm gonna press charges and get restraining orders, but I wanted to apologize. I'm so sorry for letting this happen."

"It's not your fault." Quinn shook her head. "You were trying to do the right thing and he took advantage of you."

"Are you okay?" Puck asked. "Did he hurt you?"

"I'll be okay." Quinn said.

"Do you wanna talk about what happened?" Puck offered.

Quinn shrugged. "I yelled at him to stop with the piano and to leave and he started screaming at me."

"What did he say?" Puck wondered, taking Quinn's hand.

"He was mad that I told you about the money he stole from me." Quinn explained. "He called me names. He said the only reason I was here with you was because I was a high school whore."

"You're not." Puck told Quinn. "He doesn't know what he's talking about. You're everything, Q."

Quinn nodded slowly. "He grabbed my wrists and then he shoved me against the wall. It all happened so fast."

Puck took a deep breath. "I'm sorry. And I'm sorry I wasn't home to protect you."

"I don't need you to protect me, Noah. It's not your job." Quinn said as she looked at Puck. "But you did and I'm grateful for that, so thank you."

Puck nodded.

"Beth was so brave." Quinn added, looking at the blonde mess of curls on her lap.

"She takes after her mom." Puck noted, putting his arm around Quinn.

"And her dad." Quinn said with a smile.

"Listen, whatever you need, I'm here." Puck told Quinn. "After I called the lawyers, I called my head of security. He's gonna come tomorrow to see about having someone outside the house at all times."

Quinn nodded. "Does your dad have a house key?"

"No." Puck said. "But I can change the locks anyway, if you want."

"Please." Quinn requested.

"I'll get all of that done tomorrow." Puck promised.

"Thank you."