17

A few days later, Quinn was all set to start recording the song. The night before, she came knocking at Puck's bedroom door.

Puck lifted his sheets, inviting Quinn in.

Quinn closed the door behind her and walked in, curling up next to Puck under the covers.

"Let's just make it official." Puck said.

"Make what official?" Quinn asked.

"Us." Puck responded.

"I told you I wanna focus on my career first." Quinn said.

"I know that." Puck nodded. "But we can still be together. We don't have to be all over each other in public, but... you should at least sleep in here every night."

"So we can have sex?" Quinn asked.

"Q, at this point, other than the guest rooms and my dad and Beth's rooms, which are off-limits, the only place we really haven't done it is the kitchen." Puck stated.

"We didn't do it in the pool house either." Quinn pointed out.

"I'll add it to the list." Puck smirked. "Maybe when Beth goes back to school?"

"Sounds like a plan." Quinn nodded.

"Just take some time to think about what I said." Puck told Quinn. "About us."

"I will." Quinn promised.

"Are you nervous about tomorrow?" Puck guessed.

"A little." Quinn admitted.

"You're gonna be great." Puck said. "Don't worry. It's not as scary as you think."

"Yeah." Quinn replied. "I'm sure it'll be okay. Besides, when you record, they can just put your voice louder than mine."

"You're gonna be great." Puck promised. "You're gonna feel good and sound beautiful. I promise."

"I hope so." Quinn said.

"I know so." Puck replied with a smile.

"Thank you." Quinn smiled back.

"Get some sleep." Puck advised Quinn. "You have a big day ahead of you."

"Actually, before we go to bed, I was hoping we could talk about something else." Quinn said.

"What's up?" Puck wondered.

"I don't wanna accuse anybody, but I'm missing some money." Quinn told Puck.

"How much?" Puck asked.

"Five hundred." Quinn answered. "I had it in one of my suitcases, and now it's gone."

"And you're sure it was there?" Puck wondered. "You didn't move it to a different bag or anything?"

"No, I had it there." Quinn said. "I had it yesterday, and I remembered to move it earlier, but it was gone."

"And you think my dad took it?" Puck raised his eyebrow.

"I'm not accusing anybody." Quinn repeated. "I just know it's not me or Beth."

"Well, it's not me." Puck swore.

"I know that, Noah." Quinn stated.

"Don't worry about it. I'll talk to my dad tomorrow." Puck said. "But in the meantime, I'll spot you the money so you're not out."

"I don't wanna owe you money." Quinn told Puck.

"I'll handle it. Don't worry." Puck replied. "Just get some sleep."

"Thank you. Goodnight, Noah."

"Night, Q."