49

"Hey." Quinn said softly as she entered the bedroom, closing the door behind her. "Everyone's looking for you. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Puck said.

"I talked to Jake." Quinn added as she joined Puck on the bed.

"And?" Puck asked.

"He just wants to talk to you." Quinn said. "And a bunch of our friends are here."

"I'll be there in a minute." Puck nodded.

"You're a good father, you know." Quinn reminded Puck. "And a good brother. Your family is lucky to have you, and so are Beth and I."

Puck smiled slightly as Quinn kissed his cheek.

"Come downstairs when you're ready." Quinn said softly as she walked to the door.

Puck took a deep breath as he looked at Quinn. "Quinn."

Quinn paused and looked at Puck.

"Thank you." Puck said as he got up and walked to the door.

Quinn nodded and took Puck's hand. "Come downstairs."

Puck followed Quinn downstairs. He passed his mom and sister in the kitchen and ignored them as he went outside.

"Puck!"

"Hey, guys." Puck smiled as he greeted Artie and Mike with fistbumps, Tina with a hug, and Kitty with a nod. "Thanks for coming."

"Thanks for having us." Mike smiled.

Puck nodded and looked at Quinn.

"I'm gonna go say hi to Mercedes and Sam." Quinn said, excusing herself. "They just got here with Kurt and Blaine."

"Okay." Puck replied as Quinn walked away. He looked at his friends. "Let me get you guys some drinks."

"Hey." Jake said as he walked over to Puck. "Beth's with Finn. You got a sec?"

"I was just on my way to the cooler." Puck said.

"I can grab the drinks." Mike offered.

Jake looked at Puck.

"Alright. Thanks, Mike." Puck muttered as he looked at his brother before walking away.

Jake followed Puck through the yard. "Dude, I just wanna talk."

"So talk." Puck said, sitting down on a lounge chair. "Tell me I'm an idiot. Tell me I'm a bad father. Go ahead, Jake."

"That's not what I was gonna say." Jake replied as he sat down on the chair beside Puck. "I was gonna tell you that I'm glad you and Beth and Quinn are okay."

Puck furrowed his eyebrow. "You hate Quinn."

"I don't hate Quinn, she hates me." Jake shook his head. "That's not the point. Look, I don't think having Dad here was ever a good idea, but you were trying to do something good. I don't think you're an idiot or a bad dad at all."

"Really?" Puck asked.

"Really." Jake said. "Dad's an ass."

"I'll drink to that." Puck muttered.

"Nothing he did is on you." Jake told Puck as he got up. "And if I ever become a father, I hope I'm even just half the one that you are."

Puck smiled and looked up at his brother. "You know, that's the first time someone has ever said they wanted to be like me."

"Shut up and come here." Jake said, putting his hand out.

Puck took Jake's hand and got up.

Jake hugged Puck and slapped his back. "Let's go get a drink."