55

Puck returned outside where he got everyone up to speed. They were all worried about Beth, but like her parents, she was strong.

Puck rejoined the party, but was no longer in the mood to party. He somehow managed to avoid a lecture from his mom, who was just glad her granddaughter was okay.

When it started getting dark, Puck decided to start a fire so everyone could make s'mores.

"Daddy."

Puck looked at Beth who had come outside in one of her sundresses with one of Puck's sweatshirts on over it.

"Yeah, princess?" Puck asked with a smile.

"Can I stay outside now?" Beth requested.

"Of course you can." Puck nodded. "You're just in time for s'mores, too. Just be careful with your chin, okay? Come here and I'll help you."

Beth smiled as she walked over to Puck.

Puck zipped up the sweatshirt and rolled up Beth's sleeves before handing her a stick with a marshmallow on it. "Where's Mommy?"

"She's inside." Beth answered, taking the stick and holding it to the fire.

-

Puck was sitting in front of the fire with Beth on his lap. Beth had her head leaned against Puck's chest.

"Did you have enough s'mores, Monkeyface?" Puck asked.

Beth nodded.

"Let's go wash your hands." Puck decided as he got up. He put Beth on her feet and looked at her. "Don't touch anything with those marshmallow hands."

"Okay." Beth grinned.

Puck guided Beth into the house to the bathroom to wash her hands. When they exited, Jake was standing there.

"Hey." Jake said, looking at Beth. "How's little Puck?"

"She's okay." Puck replied. "It was an accident. It's not your fault."

Jake nodded slowly.

"Tell Uncle Jake you're okay, B." Puck said.

"I'm okay, Uncle Jake." Beth replied with a smile. "See?"

"I see." Jake nodded. "Are you coming back outside?"

"Yeah, come on." Puck nodded back.

The trio headed for the door. As they went to exit, Finn entered.

"Hey, I was looking for you." Finn noted. "You got a sec?"

"Yeah." Puck said. "Jake, can you take Beth outside? I'll be right there, B, I promise."

"Okay." Beth replied as she took Jake's hand, and the pair walked out.

"What's up?" Puck asked Finn.

"What did you say to Quinn?" Finn wondered.

Puck furrowed his eyebrow. "What?"

"What did you say to Quinn?" Finn repeated. "Because she's been upstairs crying since before we started the fire."

"Well, we had a fight." Puck answered. "But I didn't know she was upset about it."

"Rachel and Santana are with her. I was on my way to check on her." Finn said.

"I'll go check on her." Puck decided.

"I'll come with you." Finn replied.

"Okay." Puck muttered as he went upstairs. He walked to his room and knocked on the door. He turned to Finn.

"It's me." Finn called. "Can you unlock the door?"

The lock clicked and the door opened to Rachel standing there. She looked at Finn and then Puck before opening the door all the way and letting them in.

"Q." Puck said softly.

Quinn wiped her eyes and looked at Puck.

"Come on. Let's talk about this." Puck suggested.

"You said you're done." Quinn reminded Puck.

"I don't want you spending the night up here crying." Puck stated. He turned to Finn, Rachel, and Santana. "Can you guys give us a minute?"

"I'm so sick of talking." Quinn told Puck as she got up. "All we've done all day is talk and fight."

"Okay, then let me talk to you." Puck said. "All you have to do is listen."

Quinn nodded slowly, and Puck looked at the other three.

"We'll wait for you guys outside." Finn decided, taking Rachel's hand. "Santana."

Puck looked at Santana, who hadn't moved from where she was laying on the bed when he entered the room.

"Go find Brittany." Quinn told Santana. "I'll be outside in a minute."

"Fine." Santana gave in as she slowly got up. She gave Puck a dirty look as she followed Finn and Rachel out, closing the door behind her.

"Listen." Puck said. "I know you're not happy here and I know you need time to figure out what you're doing. And I wanna help you or support you however you need."

"It's been a long day, Noah." Quinn noted. "Let's just sleep on everything and talk tomorrow."

"Quinn, I love you." Puck added.

"You love me?" Quinn repeated. "You told me to go. You said you're done."

"Because I know you're not happy." Puck clarified. "I love you and Beth, and I know that's not enough for you, but it is for me. There's nothing that I want more than either of you."

Quinn bit her lip.

"I know things have been crazy and I know you're exhausted and afraid." Puck said as he looked at Quinn. "I know how scared you were for Beth today because I was just as scared."

Quinn wiped a tear that escaped down her cheek and looked at Puck.

"I love you." Puck repeated. "And if you need to go figure things out while me and Beth get into a routine here, you can always come back when you're ready."

Quinn didn't say anything.

"Take whatever time you need to think about things."