10

The trio took turns showering before settling in in the living room. They played with Beth and watched TV until she fell asleep.

"Is your dad coming back tonight?" Quinn questioned Puck when she returned from putting Beth upstairs.

"I haven't heard from him." Puck said.

"Where is he?" Quinn wondered.

"I told him he needs to try to get a job, even something part time, so I'm assuming that's where he is." Puck answered.

"You're assuming?" Quinn asked as she joined Puck on the couch.

"I've been looking at his location all day." Puck admitted. "He's been everywhere I suggested, and he hasn't gone to any bars."

Quinn nodded slowly.

"Q, I told you if you're not comfortable with him here while you and Beth are here, I'll get rid of him." Puck told her.

"People in recovery need stability." Quinn pointed out as she looked at Puck. "I mean, god forbid you put him in a hotel and the workers find him dead or something."

Puck furrowed his eyebrow.

"He can come back here if we establish rules." Quinn stated. "If you and I aren't there, he stays away from Beth. I don't care if we're in the pool and she came in for a drink and he's there. He stays away from her unless one of us is around."

"Of course." Puck nodded. "I already talked to him about Beth, but I'll make sure to remind him."

"What about your mom and Sarah?" Quinn asked. "I know we were just in Lima for, like, a month, but they're gonna ask me where I am or when I'm bringing Beth to see them."

"Why is it a secret that you're here?" Puck questioned Quinn.

"Because." Quinn said, giving him a look. "If I tell them we're here with you, they're gonna start thinking things."

"What things?" Puck wondered, playing dumb.

"About us getting back together." Quinn replied. "And honestly, I just wanna use the summer to figure out if we're gonna stay here. I don't wanna get into anything, especially if we're not."

"You and Beth are my family." Puck reminded Quinn. "I love both of you more than anyone, but I have no expectations other than spending the summer with my family."

Quinn nodded slowly.

"We can talk to my dad tomorrow morning before Beth gets up, and I'll handle my mom if she calls." Puck promised. "We'll enjoy the summer and spend time with everyone and relax. And you'll figure things out."

Quinn took a deep breath and exhaled.

"Don't get overwhelmed." Puck said, taking Quinn's hands and squeezing them. "Come on. You're on vacation."

"Yeah." Quinn nodded.

"Why don't you turn in early?" Puck suggested. "Figure out what you wanna say to my dad and figure out what you wanna do tomorrow."

"I'm fine spending the day in the pool if that's what you and Beth want." Quinn responded.

"Your sunburns say otherwise." Puck noted. "Maybe I'll take Beth out for the day to give you the house to yourself so you can relax. Or, you know, snoop through my stuff."

"I don't have to snoop through your stuff, Noah." Quinn stated. "I already know everything about you."

"Yeah, like what?" Puck wondered.

"Everything." Quinn repeated with a smirk as she got up. She leaned over and kissed Puck's cheek. "Night, Puckerman. Beth and I love you, too."