25

When Puck got home, James was walking out the door.

"Where are you going?" Puck asked.

"Work." James said. "And then I'm gonna go to a meeting."

"Okay." Puck nodded. "See you."

Puck headed inside and closed the door behind him. He sighed as he poured himself a big glass a whiskey and chugged it down. He poured himself a second glass and headed to the living room.

Puck sat down on the couch and sipped his drink as he scrolled through his phone.

After a while, he put the glass down and left the house.

Puck drove to the recording studio. He was angry and annoyed and upset with everything going on and he just wanted to work through it.

When Puck got there, he went to the interns' office. Unsurprisingly, JJ and Eliza were there, along with two more interns that Puck didn't remember.

"Hey, Noah." Eliza said. "I didn't know you were coming today."

"Yeah, me neither." JJ stated as she looked at Puck. "What's with the sunglasses indoors?"

"Oh, right." Puck said, removing the sunglasses.

"Yikes." JJ noted.

"Is that from your girlfriend?" One of the other interns asked.

"Not funny, Haley." Eliza said, shaking her head.

"Haley." Puck repeated. "How long have you been here?"

"About a month." Haley answered excitedly.

"Well, I hope you've enjoyed it." Puck said. "Because if you're gonna talk like that, there's no place for you here. I don't care who got you here."

None of the interns said anything.

"JJ, Eliza, why don't you come help me get everything set up? I'm gonna record Beth today." Puck told them.

"Okay." The girls nodded as they followed Puck out of the office.

The trio went to one of the sound booths.

"What's her deal?" Puck wondered.

"We hate her." JJ said. "She doesn't know anything and all she does is brag that she got here without any help."

"And she makes comments like that all the time." Eliza added.

"And that other girl?" Puck asked. "The quiet one in there?"

"Gwen." Eliza answered. "This is, like, her second week, but she's cool so far."

"Alright." Puck nodded. "Well, keep me posted. You two practically run this place and I don't want you to start hating it."

"To start?" JJ asked.

"I'm serious, JJ." Puck said, looking at the girls. "I know guys don't always listen to girls, especially when the girls don't have authority so if you need some, I have your backs."

"Thanks, Noah." Eliza smiled. "We have yours, too."

"You always do." Puck nodded. "Now before we get started, you wanna come with me while I fire Haley?"