53

Puck pushed past his sister and ran outside with Quinn right behind him. Most of their friends were circled around Beth, who was crying as her chin bled heavily.

"What the hell happened?" Puck demanded as he looked at Jake, who was holding a tissue against the wound.

"She slipped and slammed her chin on the pavement by the pool." Jake answered.

Puck sighed as he crouched down in front of Beth. "Can I see your cut, B?"

Jake slowly moved the tissue away from Beth's chin, but it was still bleeding.

Puck grabbed a clean tissue and held it against Beth's chin. He carefully scooped her up. "I'm gonna take her to get stitches."

"I'll drive you guys." Finn offered, turning to Quinn and gently taking her hand. "Quinn."

-

The car ride was completely silent. Finn drove, and Quinn and Puck sat in the back with Beth.

As soon as they got to the emergency room, they brought Beth in to take a look at the wound.

"Yeah, that definitely needs stitches." The nurse noted. "I'll send in a doctor."

"Plastic surgeon." Puck corrected the nurse. "I'm not letting some random doctor touch my daughter's face."

"Fine." The nurse nodded before excusing herself and leaving the room.

"B, you feeling okay?" Puck asked.

"Yeah." Beth muttered softly.

"You're so brave, princess." Puck added softly. "They're gonna make you as good as new."

Beth nodded slowly as she took Puck's hand. "Love you, Daddy. And Mama. And Finny."

"We love you, too, Beth." Finn said as he looked at Quinn. He turned back to Puck. "I'm gonna go see where the plastic surgeon is and grab you guys something from the cafeteria."

"Thanks, Finn." Puck replied as Finn left the room.

Puck looked at Quinn when they were alone with Beth. She was holding back tears to stay strong, but Puck knew she was upset.

Shortly after, the plastic surgeon came in and introduced himself before he took a look at Beth's wound. He cleaned it and started to stitch it.

"This is all your fault." Quinn said softly as she watched Beth and the doctor.

"Quinn." Puck muttered.

"You should've been watching her." Quinn replied.

Before Puck could respond, the plastic surgeon finished up.

"You're all set. No pool, and keep an eye out for any signs of infection."

"I'm kind of a pro when it comes to stitches." Puck stated. "How long do they need to stay in?"

"Give me a call in five days and we'll see. And call if you have any questions."

"Thank you." Puck nodded, taking the business card.

House of Puckermanजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें