3

"Alright, I'm gonna start grilling." Puck decided. "What do you two feel like having for dinner?"

"You don't have to make us dinner, Noah. We can go pick something up or-"

"What do you want?" Puck cut Quinn off. "Burgers, hot dogs, sausages. Never mind, I already know you want a burger. B, you want a hot dog? Something else?"

"Hot dog." Beth nodded.

"Hot dog, please." Quinn corrected Beth.

"Hot dog, please." Beth repeated.

"I'll get that stuff going and I'll make some fries." Puck decided. "Do either of you need a refill?"

"I do, but I can get it myself." Quinn said.

"No, it's okay." Puck shook his head. "I have to go grab the burgers anyway, so..."

"Alright." Quinn gave in, handing Puck her glass. "Thank you."

"You got it." Puck nodded.

-

"Thanks for dinner." Quinn smiled as she and Puck sat around the fire pit at the end of the night. Beth had fallen asleep on one of the lounge chairs - still in her bathing suit. "And for having us today. It was a really nice day."

"Yeah, it was." Puck agreed. "The three of us never get enough family time."

"Yeah." Quinn said softly.

"So what's your plan?" How long are you gonna be in L.A.?" Puck questioned Quinn.

Quinn looked at Puck.

"Both of you are welcome to visit or stay over as long as you want." Puck clarified. "I just didn't know what you were thinking."

"Honestly, I don't know." Quinn shrugged. "For once in my life, I don't really have a plan. I mean, I always just thought I'd graduate and go to New York and work, but Beth loves L.A."

"Well, of course she does." Puck stated. "She's a Puckerman."

Quinn smiled. "It's really good to see you, Noah. I know we just saw you last month for Beth's birthday and Father's Day, but I don't know, you look... different."

"Good different?" Puck asked.

"Yeah." Quinn nodded. "You look more relaxed. And smarter."

Puck laughed lightly. "That must be the Yale Bulldogs rubbing off on me."

Quinn grinned.

"You look good, too." Puck told Quinn. "You always look beautiful, but you look happy."

"That's because finals are over." Quinn stated.

"I'm serious." Puck noted. "You know what? You and Beth should stay here for the summer."

"What about work?" Quinn wondered.

"You just went nonstop for four years. Take the summer off." Puck shrugged. "You can take the time to figure out what you wanna do and see if you can picture yourself here."

Quinn bit her lip.

"Not necessarily with me, but here in L.A." Puck added.

"I guess I should sleep on it." Quinn said.

"Yeah, you wanna stay over? You and Beth could take two of the guest rooms." Puck offered.

"No, I should get her back to Mercedes' house." Quinn stated. "The rest of our stuff is there, and besides, it'll give you more time to get rid of the girl you're hiding upstairs."

"I'm not hiding a girl upstairs." Puck said defensively.

Quinn nodded. "I'm kidding."

Puck smiled and rolled his eyes as he stood up. He gently scooped Beth up, careful not to wake her. "Come on, Q. You can take my driver."

"If you're trying to impress me so I'll stay, it's not gonna work." Quinn noted as she got up.

"Come on."

House of Puckermanजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें