47

"Father of the year bringing your six-year-old to a liquor store." Finn stated as he walked to the car with Puck and Beth.

"Yeah, just don't tell Quinn that I let Beth carry a bottle to the car." Puck requested, taking the bottle from Beth and putting it in the trunk. "Thanks, B."

"Is there more, Daddy?" Beth wondered.

"Yeah, but you can get in the car. I'll grab it." Puck nodded. He went back into the store and grabbed the remaining bottles before thanking the workers and going back to the car.

Finn helped Puck load the bottles into the trunk. The boys got in the car, and Puck drove home.

When they got home, the girls were in the kitchen unloading the groceries.

"Hey, guys." Rachel smiled.

"Hey." Finn responded, setting the liquor bottles down on the counter before greeting Rachel with a kiss.

"Hi." Puck smiled as he kissed Quinn and put Beth on the counter.

"Hey." Quinn said. "Did you buy the whole liquor store?"

"Yeah." Puck answered. "Beth just couldn't help herself."

"Beth will not be drinking any alcohol until she's thirty." Quinn replied as she kissed Beth's cheek and smiled at Puck. "Rachel and I picked up beer."

"Thanks." Puck nodded.

"And I got us wine coolers for tonight." Quinn added softly.

"Tonight?" Puck repeated.

"Yeah." Quinn smiled.

-

When Beth was asleep in bed at the end of the night, Quinn and Puck changed into swim suits and went out to the hot tub with the wine coolers.

"I wanna talk before we do anything else." Quinn stated.

Puck nodded. "What do you wanna talk about? My dad?"

Quinn bit her lip.

"He's not coming back here, Q." Puck told her. "Ever."

"I know." Quinn nodded as she took a deep breath. "I'm just overwhelmed with everything that happened this summer."

"So talk to me." Puck requested as he gently took Quinn's hands.

"Beth asked me about your dad." Quinn told Puck. "I didn't know what to tell her. I mean, she's a kid. I don't want her all freaked out."

"I'll talk to her." Puck said. "This is on me."

"Noah." Quinn sighed.

"Are you happy here?" Puck blurted.

"I'm happy with you and Beth." Quinn stated. "But what the hell am I doing with my life?"

"What are you talking about?" Puck questioned Quinn. "The song?"

Quinn shook her head. "I'm proud of the song, but what's next?"

"You have time to figure out what you want." Puck said.

"I'm just..." Quinn took a deep breath. "I'm overwhelmed."

"When Beth goes back to school, get an agent and go on auditions. You'll book something in no time." Puck stated. "I know you will."

Quinn nodded slowly.

"And if you need time to relax now that my dad is gone, take it." Puck added. "Okay? Everything's gonna work out."

"Yeah." Quinn said. "Yeah, you're right."

"I know I am." Puck smiled.

"Give me a wine cooler."