12

Puck returned to the kitchen a few minutes later with Beth. He paused and looked at his dad.

"Beth, this is my dad, and your grandfather, James." Puck said. "Dad, this is our daughter, Beth."

"Hi, Beth." James smiled.

"Hi." Beth repeated as she looked at Puck. "Daddy, I'm hungry."

"Come eat." Puck replied, putting Beth on the stool beside Quinn. He put a breakfast plate down in front of her. "Eat up, B. We have a big day ahead of us."

"We do?" Beth asked as she started eating.

Puck nodded. "You, me, and your mom."

Beth nodded back as she kept eating. "What are we doing today?"

"We're gonna go out to lunch and then we can walk around the mall or something." Puck shrugged.

"What about the pool?" Beth wondered.

"No pool today." Puck told Beth. "You two have sunburns so we'll take a break, okay?"

"Okay." Beth sighed.

"You have all summer to go swimming, B." Quinn reminded Beth.

Beth nodded. "I'm done eating."

"Why don't you go get dressed while I clean up?" Puck suggested. Beth ran off, and Puck turned to James. "What are you up to today?"

"I'll just hang out." James shrugged. "And I'll go continue the job hunt."

Puck nodded as he started cleaning up from breakfast. Quinn excused herself to get ready and help Beth.

"Stay away from their things while we're gone." Puck told James. "And text me if you need me."

James nodded.