30

"What'd you think of that school, B?" Quinn asked as they headed home. "It's really nice, right?"

"Yeah." Beth said.

"And you know, it's close to home." Puck added. "I can take you there and pick you up everyday."

"Yeah." Beth mumbled.

"B, we already talked about this." Puck said. "You're not being homeschooled."

"I know." Beth said.

"Homeschooled?" Quinn repeated.

"Someone at her old school called her dumb." Puck said softly. "I handled it."

Quinn nodded slowly.

"Beth, tell us if you liked the school." Puck responded. "We want you to go somewhere you'll be happy."

"I liked it." Beth answered.

"Beth." Quinn sighed as Puck parked the car in front of Mercedes' house.

"Can me and Mommy come back home, Daddy?" Beth blurted. "I don't wanna be here anymore."

Puck looked at Quinn.

"Beth." Quinn said, shaking her head. "I already told you why we're staying here."

"I wanna be with Daddy." Beth stated. "In my own room."

"Daddy has to take care of some things first." Quinn said.

"B, stay here a little longer." Puck requested.

Beth rolled her eyes as she got out of the car, slamming the door behind her before heading inside.

"I haven't seen my dad all day." Puck told Quinn. "So if you wanna come back..."

"No." Quinn shook her head. "I'll call you later."

"Okay." Puck sighed as Quinn got out of the car. He watched her go inside and close the door behind her before he headed home.

When Puck got home, Finn was watching TV in the living room.

"Hey, how'd it go?" Finn asked.

"We have two more schools to look at, but Beth's in." Puck said as he sat down on the couch. "And Quinn's gonna call me later."

"Do you think Beth's in because they know you have money and want you to be a donor?" Finn asked. "Like, to buy the kids new computers or pencils."

"The school isn't poor." Puck shook his head. "It's, like, a step down from private school. It's good."

"And expensive?" Finn added.

"Nothing out of my budget, but speaking of expensive, how's that college tuition?" Puck wondered. "You need help with it?"

"No." Finn shook his head. "I got some scholarships and I'm taking loans for the rest, but I'm good."

"Well, if you change your mind, let me know." Puck said. "I don't want you working yourself too hard and burning out."

"Thanks, Puck." Finn responded.

"It's cool." Puck nodded. "You're family."

Finn smiled gratefully as he got up. "Speaking of family, I'm gonna go over and talk to Quinn."

"Why?" Puck asked.

"Because I know you're miserable without her here." Finn noted. "I barely heard from you all summer, which means you were busy-"

"Easy." Puck cut Finn off. "If you go over there, she's gonna think I asked you to."

"I'll tell her you didn't." Finn said.

"Have you met Quinn? She's not gonna believe that." Puck responded.

"I don't think it's a good idea for your dad to be here." Finn stated. "But I know you, and I know that no matter who's here, Beth and Quinn are safe. She'll understand that."

Puck looked at Finn.

"Plus, I'm here." Finn added. "So you and me will make sure nothing happens."

"Don't go over there." Puck said. "Let me talk to her later and then we'll figure things out. I don't want you getting involved."