8

When Quinn was gone, Puck went outside. He looked at his dad.

"You should've told me you were coming." Puck stated.

"I texted you." James nodded.

"You should've waited for me to respond before you came back." Puck clarified.

"Someone's in the doghouse." James noted with a smile.

"I'm serious." Puck said. "When I agreed to help you get back on your feet, I told you what I expected."

"I texted you and I thought you saw it." James answered. "My bad."

Puck nodded slowly and took a deep breath. "Just go upstairs and go to bed."

James nodded back and walked away.

Puck took a deep breath as he headed upstairs and slowly opened Beth's door. He saw Quinn and Beth were asleep so he locked the door before pulling it shut and going back to his room.

-

"Morning, blondie." Puck smiled as Quinn came downstairs in her pjs and robe. "You're up early, for you."

"Yeah, I didn't really sleep." Quinn said.

"My dad's out so we can talk if you want." Puck suggested.

Quinn looked at Puck. "Okay, talk."

"I want you and Beth to stay here, but I want you both to be comfortable." Puck began.

"You lied to me." Quinn said.

"I didn't lie." Puck pointed out. "I said I didn't have a girl over and that's the truth."

"Well, how many times did I ask you if someone was here?" Quinn asked. "I had a right to know your dad was here. Especially since Beth's around."

"I tried to tell you." Puck said. "But then Beth came and asked to go swimming and I didn't."

"I don't wanna hear excuses, Noah." Quinn replied. "Trying isn't good enough."

"I know. You're right, and I'm sorry." Puck apologized.

Quinn took a deep breath.

"I can put him in a hotel and run over to check on him to make sure he stays sober." Puck offered. "Or I can have him here, and you and I can make rules."

Quinn looked at Puck. "Noah."

"If he's here, I can keep a better eye on him and the people around him so I can make sure he's good." Puck pointed out. "And I know you're worried about Beth sleeping down the hall from him, but we can talk to her about sleeping with the door locked, and you and I can hold onto the keys."

Quinn nodded slowly. "How many keys do you have for Beth's door?"

"Four." Puck answered. "So you and I can each keep one. I'll keep mine on my key ring that I keep locked in my nightstand, and you can hide yours under your pillow or mattress."

"And there are only four of those?" Quinn asked. "None of the other keys work on her door?"

Puck nodded. "Those four keys unlock your room, my room, Beth's room, and the bathroom next to Beth's room. The other rooms have different keys, which are in my safe."

Quinn took a deep breath.

"If you or Beth are uncomfortable or scared, I'll figure something else out with my dad, okay? Just let me know what you want me to do and I'll do it." Puck promised as Beth entered the room. "Good morning, Monkeyface. Are you hungry?"

"Morning." Beth nodded. "Can I have bacon?"

"You can have whatever you want, princess."