29

Quinn and Puck didn't say much to each other in the car. Beth was talking to both of them, and they answered her, but they didn't talk to each other.

When they got to the school, Quinn took Beth's hand and led the way inside.

Puck locked the car and followed the blondes. The trio walked up to the main office.

"Hi, we're here for a tour and interview for our daughter." Puck said to the receptionist. "Last name is Puckerman."

"Have a seat, Mr. Puckerman." The receptionist replied.

Puck sat down with Quinn and Beth.

"Daddy, can I come swimming today?" Beth asked.

"We'll see, Beth." Puck said. "Right now, focus on this, okay?"

"Okay." Beth nodded.

Puck looked at Quinn, who was picking at her nails. He gently put his hand over hers and looked at her. "It's gonna be fine."

Quinn looked at Puck.

"JJ and Eliza said you sang beautifully the other day." Puck added softly. "I did my part, so they're gonna work on finishing it."

Quinn nodded.

"I talked to Finn." Puck said. "He told me-"

"Mr. Puckerman."

Puck turned and slowly stood up.

"This is Principal Edison." The receptionist said.

"Nice to meet you." Principal Edison smiled as he put his hand out.

"Likewise." Puck nodded, shaking the principal's hand. "Noah Puckerman. This is Quinn Fabray, and that's our daughter, Beth."

The principal smiled as he shook Quinn's hand and greeted her before turning to Beth. "Welcome. Hi, Beth."

"Hi." Beth said shyly.

"Why don't you three come into my office and then we'll do the tour after?" Principal Edison suggestion.

"Sure, thanks." Puck nodded. He took Beth's hand and followed the principal to his office, sitting down across from him.

"So before we do a tour, I like to get to know new students and their parents a little bit." Principal Edison said. "How old are you, Beth?"

Puck looked at Beth.

"Six." Beth answered.

"Will you be starting kindergarten or first grade?" Principal Edison asked.

"I already did kindergarten in Connecticut." Beth said.

"Beth." Quinn scolded. "Sorry."

"That's okay." Principal Edison smiled. "Connecticut, huh? You've traveled a long way."

"Mommy had to finish school." Beth said.

"Yale Valedictorian." Puck added proudly.

The principal looked at Quinn. "Wow, congratulations."

"Thank you." Quinn smiled slightly.

Principal Edison turned back to Beth. "Beth, when's your birthday?"

"June 8th, 2010." Beth answered.

Principal Edison nodded and looked at Quinn and Puck. "And what do you two do for a living?"

"I'm a musician." Puck answered. "Quinn's an actress and a singer."

"Very nice." Principal Edison said. He asked Quinn, Puck, and Beth a few more questions before concluding the interview. "Alright, well, we would be lucky to have Beth join us next month. We'll just need her records from her old school, which we can get. Why don't we give you the tour?"