13

The trio was walking around eating ice cream when Quinn's phone went off. She looked at the screen and then at Puck. "It's your mom."

"Don't answer." Puck said. "Call her back later."

"She's gonna call you or text me if I do that." Quinn noted.

"So tell her you're on vacation and you'll call her back when you're not busy." Puck suggested.

"Okay." Quinn responded as she accepted the call and put the phone to her ear. "Hi, Ruth. How are you?"

Puck watched Quinn, trying to figure out what his mom was saying based on her reactions.

Quinn smiled. "No, I know. We've just been busy. Beth and I are actually on vacation for the summer so... yeah. Yeah, I'll call you soon then. I will. Bye."

"What'd she say?" Puck asked as he tossed his ice cream out and took Beth's hand while they continued walking.

"She just said hi and that she misses me and Beth and wants to video chat soon." Quinn answered with a shrug as she went back to her ice cream.

Less than ten seconds later, Puck's phone went off.

"Geez." Puck said as he took his phone out. "It's my mom."

"Answer it." Quinn commanded.

Puck nodded and let go of Beth's hand as he accepted the call and put the phone to his ear. "Hey, Mom."

"Hi, Noah." Ruth replied. "I just talked to Quinn. Did you know she and Beth are on a vacation?"

"Yeah, Mom." Puck said. "Quinn and I talked about it when I saw them for Father's Day."

"Where did they go?" Ruth wondered. "Do you think they're gonna stay in New Haven or go to New York?"

"I don't know." Puck muttered, glancing at Quinn and Beth.

"I bet you're hoping she calls you and tells you to make room in that big house, aren't you?" Ruth asked.

"Oh, yeah." Puck nodded. "Listen, I'm actually running some errands right now, but I'll call you when I can, okay? Say hi to Sarah for me."

"Okay." Ruth replied. "Be good."

Puck hung up the phone and looked at the blondes. "Bubbe says hi. Where were we?"