34

Quinn looked at Puck when they were alone.

"I told my dad he has to be gone by Saturday." Puck told Quinn. "And I want you and Beth to come back."

Quinn took a deep breath.

"Nothing else matters as long as I have you and her." Puck noted, pausing for a moment. "You don't have to decide right now. And whatever you decide, I'll learn to be okay with."

"I told you I can't sit back and watch you get hurt." Quinn reminded Puck.

"That's why I'm getting rid of my dad." Puck said. "If having him means I can't have Beth and you, I don't want that."

"No, that's not what I was saying." Quinn replied. "I told you I can't watch you get hurt because I care about you."

"I know." Puck nodded. "And I care about you."

"I just want the three of us to be a family." Quinn stated.

"Me, too." Puck agreed.

"I'm gonna get changed and go outside." Quinn decided. "Are you coming?"

"Yeah, I'll be out in a little bit. My head's killing me." Puck said.

"I think you should go back to the eye doctor." Quinn stated.

"I'm fine." Puck insisted. "It's not that bad."

"Noah." Quinn said. "You can barely see. And god knows you shouldn't be driving."

"It'll heal." Puck responded.

"Don't mess around when it comes to eyes." Quinn stated as she got up. "Come on. I'll drive."

Quinn told Finn they were going before dragging Puck to his car.

Puck put his sunglasses on and sat in the passenger seat.

"My eye doctor doesn't do walk-ins." Puck stated.

"You think they won't make an exception for Noah Puckerman?" Quinn asked as she started driving.

"You know I'm not the kind of guy that acts like a celebrity." Puck said.

"You're cute when you're scared." Quinn told Puck.

"Scared?" Puck scoffed as he folded his arms. "I'm not scared."

"Whatever you say, Noah."

-

When they got to the eye doctor, Quinn signed Puck in and argued with the receptionist for a while before sitting down beside him.

"You're next." Quinn said.

"You're unbelievable." Puck muttered, partially in awe and partially annoyed.

"I know." Quinn smiled.

"Noah."

"Want me to come in with you?" Quinn offered.

Puck furrowed his eyebrow. "If it'll make you more comfortable, then sure."

Puck followed the receptionist to one of the back rooms and sat down while he and Quinn waited for the eye doctor.

"Will you still love me if I'm half-blind?" Puck teased.

"Shut up." Quinn smiled as the eye doctor entered the room.

"Hi, doc." Puck said, taking off his sunglasses.

"Hi." The eye doctor said. "I'd ask why you're here, but I can see why."

"Yeah, my... Quinn thought I should come back in." Puck explained.

"Well, she was right." The eye doctor nodded, smiling at Quinn as she began to examine Puck's eye.

"Good news only." Puck reminded the eye doctor after she examined his eyes for a few minutes. Finally, she turned off the overhead light, completing her exam.

"The good news is that there's no infection and you don't need surgery. Your pupil is responding to light, which is a good sign. And believe it or not, it's actually less swollen than when you came in to see Dr. Thomas." The eye doctor explained. "I'm gonna prescribe you some eye drops that should help with the swelling and pain. If the pain or your vision gets worse, call me right away. Don't mess around when it comes to eyes."