37

Finn and Puck started messing around on the drums and guitar, respectively. They were singing and goofing around for a while before JJ came to get them.

"Noah, the song's there. Quinn called you, like, two or three times just now." JJ said as she took the guitar from Puck and handed him his phone.

"Thanks." Puck nodded as he took the phone and stepped out of the sound booth. He dialed Quinn's number and put the phone to his ear.

The call went to voicemail so he tried again with the same result.

"Finn, we have to go. Quinn's not answering now." Puck said.

"I'm sure everything's okay." Finn nodded as he put the drumsticks down and got up. "Let's get out of here."

Puck nodded.

Finn told the girls they were leaving before he and Puck headed out to the car. Finn started driving back to Puck's.

Puck tried to call Quinn again, sighing in relief when the call was answered. "Q?"

"Daddy, are you almost home?" Beth asked.

"Yeah, I'll be there in a few minutes." Puck responded. "What's wrong? Where's Mommy?"

"Downstairs." Beth answered shakily. "James is downstairs, too."

"Finn, drive faster." Puck commanded. "Beth, listen to me. Are you in your room?"

"Mhm." Beth replied.

"I want you to lock the door and wait until we come get you." Puck told Beth. "Stay on the phone with me and tell me what you hear."

"I don't hear anything." Beth said.

"Okay." Puck responded, looking at Finn. "Faster, Finn."

"Daddy." Beth cried. "Are you almost home?"

"I'm pulling up now." Puck said. "Stay upstairs."

"Okay." Beth whined.

"It's gonna be okay. I love you, Beth." Puck told her, hopping out of the car before it was even in park. He ran to the door and went inside to the kitchen, where he found Quinn cornered by James, who had his hands on her. "Get the hell away from her."

James turned towards Puck.

Puck didn't even give him a chance to do anything to him or Quinn. He grabbed James and threw him back, getting him off of Quinn.

"Are you okay, Q?" Puck asked, looking Quinn up and down as he checked her for bruises. He gently cupped her cheeks and wiped her eyes.

"I'm okay." Quinn nodded. "I'm gonna go get Beth."

As soon as Quinn was gone, Puck stood over his dad and started beating him. He was hitting him over and over again as hard as he could.

"Hey, hey, hey, easy!" Finn exclaimed as he hurried into the kitchen and pulled Puck off of James. "The cops are almost here, and I don't need you on the cover of any magazines getting arrested."

Puck nodded and took a deep breath to calm down.

"Is Quinn okay?" Finn asked. "What happened?"

"I don't know." Puck replied. "I didn't even get to really check on her."

"Go check on the girls." Finn suggested. "I'll wait for the cops and keep an eye on your dad."

"Okay."