19

Puck brought Beth home, and the pair went in the pool. Beth loved swimming - way more than either of her parents did, but Quinn and Puck always entertained her.

"B, come out of the pool." Puck said as he got out.

"Why?" Beth frowned.

"Because your teeth are chattering and your lips are blue." Puck noted. "Come out and dry off while I grab you a nice warm towel."

Beth sighed as she climbed out of the pool while Puck went to the pool house and grabbed a towel off the heated towel rack.

Puck returned to Beth and sat down on one of the lounge chairs. "Come here."

Beth walked over to Puck and he wrapped her in the towel before pulling her onto his lap.

"Daddy." Beth began as she looked at Puck.

"Yes, princess?" Puck responded.

"Can I be homeschooled?" Beth requested.

"Homeschooled?" Puck repeated. "Why do you wanna be homeschooled?"

"'Cause then I can be with you and Mommy everyday." Beth answered. "And swim everyday."

"You're still gonna be with me and Mommy everyday." Puck told Beth. "But you have to go to school to be with your friends and your teacher."

Beth shook her head. "I don't wanna."

Puck furrowed his eyebrow. "I thought you liked school."

"No." Beth replied. "I'm not smart enough."

"Who told you you're not smart enough?" Puck questioned Beth. "Someone at school?"

Beth nodded slowly.

"Well, they're wrong because you're already smarter than me and almost as smart as Mommy." Puck stated with a smile as he looked at Beth. "And Mommy has a fancy college degree."

Beth smiled slightly.

"And the other good thing is you'll be going to a new school this year, which means you get to be whoever you want." Puck told Beth. "But no matter what school you're at or who's in your class, you're always gonna be very smart."

"Really?" Beth asked.

"Yeah." Puck nodded. "And if anybody at your new school says otherwise, you come tell me and Mommy."

"Or I can hit them." Beth decided.

"No." Puck laughed lightly. "No hitting, okay?"

"Okay." Beth said.

Puck kissed Beth's cheek and held her as he stood up. "Let's get you clean and into dry clothes."