26

Puck stayed at the recording studio for a few hours. He ended up leaving when he saw that his dad was home - just to check on him.

The following day, Puck went back to the studio. He walked in and found JJ and Eliza with Gwen.

"Good morning, Noah." Eliza greeted Puck when he entered the office.

"Morning. Did you three even go home last night?" Puck wondered.

"Yeah." JJ said. "You didn't get a proper introduction to Gwen after scaring her yesterday."

"Scaring her?" Puck repeated as he looked at the third girl.

"When you fired Haley." Eliza said.

"Oh." Puck nodded and turned to Gwen. "Well, it's nice to meet you. I'm Noah. I hope JJ and Eliza told you how mean I really am."

Gwen nodded slowly.

"So... before I get started, I forgot to ask: how did Quinn do the other day?" Puck asked. "Was she amazing?"

"She's really good." JJ said. "We started playing around with her recordings and yours from yesterday."

"Yeah, your voices sound really good together." Eliza added. "I can't wait until it's done."

"Me neither." Puck agreed. "I'm gonna get to it then."

"Awesome."

-

Puck spent the entire day at the recording studio. He recorded numerous versions of the song, giving the interns enough material to work with. He even acted as a guinea pig for JJ and Eliza to train Gwen.

At the end of the day, he checked his phone for messages from Quinn, but his phone was dry.

"I'm gonna get out of here." Puck decided. "You three should go, too. Go celebrate the song."

"Yeah, we're right behind you." Eliza said.

"Don't work too hard." Puck warned them before leaving.

Puck got in his car and started driving home when his phone went off. He answered the call and put it on speaker.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Daddy." Beth said.

"Hi, princess. How's my girl?" Puck asked.

"Good." Beth replied. "I miss you."

"I miss you, too, B." Puck said. "But I'll see you in a few days for the school tours."

"Yeah." Beth responded. "What about the pool?"

"Me and Mommy will figure out when you can come use the pool again." Puck told Beth. "It's too dirty right now. Daddy has to clean it."

"Okay." Beth said. "Clean it soon."

"I will." Puck smiled. "What are you doing?"

"I'm gonna read a book with Mommy." Beth answered.

"Good." Puck said. "I hope you're being good and having fun."

"Yeah." Beth responded.

"I'll talk to you soon, B. I love you."

"Love you, too, Daddy! Bye!"

"Buh-bye."