36: Maybe Perfect

Chapter 36

Dinner was great.

Jett’s family wasn’t awkward around the dinner table but they were definitely taking advantage of teasing both me and Jett. Cameron was probably the worst; teasing Jett about finally getting a girlfriend and manning up. I thought it was pretty funny that his little brother was teasing him about girls but apparently Jett didn’t find it as funny as he pretty much had a permanent blush plastered onto his cheeks for a majority of the night.

Also, because I had already met his family and eaten dinner over at the house before, it wasn’t weird because I knew what to expect and I felt right at home with my boyfriend and his family.

I had left the Ryder residence around nine that night, getting a sweet yet passionate kiss at the door from Jett which played on my mind hours later when I was headed to sleep.

The next morning I had woken up to a beautiful sight outside my window.

It was snowing. Actually, it looked like a blizzard!

I quickly jumped out of bed, immediately feeling the cold air on my skin. I had decided to wear a thin tank top and a pair of purple pajama shorts to bed the night before and now I was regretting it. Pulling the blanket that had been laid at the bottom of my bed; I wrapped it around myself before bolting down the stairs to find my laptop that I had left to charge in the living room.

Locating my laptop quickly, I opened the top and entered my password. Once the homepage loaded I moved my mouse around a little bit, clicking on the Mozilla Firefox icon. After the web page had popped up on the screen, I went to my local radio station’s website to see if luck was on my side and it had been announced a snow day. As I got to the correct page on the website, I scrolled down slightly until I noticed the message:

Today, due to heavy snow conditions in the area, all school buses have been cancelled, however, schools remain open.

Snow day!

Now having a major smile on my face, I closed the lid to my laptop and headed back upstairs hoping for another couple of hours of sleep.

Waking up approximately two hours later I felt absolutely refreshed and ready for a day of winter fun.

Around ten ‘o’clock, after an hour or so of watching television in my room, I headed down stairs in my gigantic sweatpants and hoodie when my phone started to ring.

Looking at the caller ID, I smiled before picking it up. “Hey you.”