42: Maybe Perfect

Chapter 42

After the English presentations had been completed, it seemed like every subject was slowing down with their work load.

Over the next three weeks I had only had a couple of take home assignments and a few questions in each subject to finish at home, but besides that, I had tons of free time to do whatever the hell I wanted

Now, if I had been given this free time a couple of months ago I would’ve been sitting in my room and reading or even re-reading a book, isolating myself from the outside world. I might have even asked for extra shifts at the Kaffeine to fill the time. However, now that I had Jett, along with a bunch of other new friends, I was out almost every day; either working a shift at the coffee shop or out on a date with Jett.

Over the course of the three weeks, Jett had come up with a variety of different date ideas. Some of the more memorable days were; a trip to the mall to try on some of the most ridiculous outfits ever, an indoor nerf war at Jett’s house, a skating session at an outdoor rink, and a visit to the indoor petting zoo near the outskirts of town.

However, about a week ago Jett had done one of the most romantic things I had ever witnessed. Originally, I had thought I was going over to his house to have a movie marathon night but he thoroughly surprised me with a perfect night. Since it was too cold outside to have a picnic, he set up a picnic in his living room while his family was out, complete with a few lit candles and a bunch of delicious take-out food. After the dinner we had pulled some of the couch pillows onto the floor and just laid around, deciding to going through with the idea of having a movie marathon, and around one in the morning, I fell asleep in my boyfriend’s arms for the first time ever.

It had been a great feeling to wake up to the person that I cared so much for, and I could definitely see it happening a lot more in the future.

Today it was a warm and cheery Saturday afternoon but instead of planning a day out with my friends or Jett, I had the pleasant opportunity to go into work. I had just gotten off the phone with Annie and she had informed me that the original worker had come down with a disgusting flu bug and asked me to cover her shift. Since I hadn’t worked all that much in the past couple weeks, I decided that it would be a good opportunity to earn some money and chat with her, besides; since it was an afternoon shift I was still free to make plans with my friends for tonight.

Pulling into the Kaffeine parking lot ten minutes later, I pulled my keys out of the ignition before throwing my weight against my car door to open it. Walking through the door of the shop, I heard the familiar jingle of the bell above the door and smiled at the familiarity, thinking how lucky I was to be working in a peaceful environment like the coffee shop.

“Hello my long lost sister!” Annie called jokingly as I walked over to the counter.

Heading behind the counter to grab my signature apron, I smiled at her after rolling my eyes. “Well hello to you too.” I replied, reaching behind my back to tie the strings from my apron into a bow before smoothing out the front.