21: Maybe Perfect

Chapter 21

The rest of Sunday passed as I finished my shift at Kaffeine before returning home and hitting the hay. Monday passed slowly enough after that and then, it was suddenly Tuesday, the day I was going over to Jett’s for dinner. I was incredibly nervous; sure, I had met one of his brother’s and his mother briefly but tonight I would meet his whole family, excluding his sister, and I was scared.

I had told Piper I was going over to Jett’s again today so she could drive to school again, as I really didn’t need my car today. When Piper pulled into the driveway, I had already had breakfast and had gotten ready for school so I just headed straight out the front door while grabbing my bag and locking the front door.

I gripped the handle for the passenger side door, opening it and climbing in the car.

“Wow, you sure are jittery today.” Piper stated, seeing how my leg was bouncing up and down nervously while she backed out of my driveway.

I smiled sheepishly at her. “I’m nervous.” I muttered in reply as I tucked some of my hair behind my ear.

She looked over at me for a second and rolled her eyes before putting her attention back on the road. “I don’t understand why you’re so nervous Soph, I mean, it’s not like you haven’t met his family before and it’s not like you’re his girlfriend or anything so there’s no need to be nervous.” she explained.

I sighed and sunk back slightly in my seat. “For one, I only met like half of his family and I’m still nervous because I don’t really know them plus, it feels like it’s a meet the parents’ episode anyways.” I replied.

Piper laughed. “It probably feels that way because you and Jett act like you guys are a couple sometimes.” she stated.

“We do not! When have we ever acted like a couple?” I asked, shocked that she would ask that.

“Oh come on, you told me yourself that when you went out on Friday that you guys were cuddled together and he kissed you on the cheek at the end of the night. Plus, you guys just look good together.” she replied smartly.

“Okay, I get the cuddling thing but seriously, we kiss Blake on the cheek all the time and it means nothing so what makes you think that it was anything more than friendly?” I asked.

Piper rolled her eyes. “Come on Soph, we’ve known Blake for a couple of years and you’ve only known Jett for like, a month. It wasn’t meant as a friendly kiss Sophie.” she stated as she pulled into Blake’s driveway.

“Whatever.” I replied smartly, relaxing back into my seat.