7: Maybe Perfect

Chapter 7

On Monday morning I woke up to my annoying alarm clock. I still didn’t understand the reasons that society had for waking students up early in the morning but I guess I couldn’t really fight against the cause.

I grudgingly got out of bed and went through my normal morning routine before throwing on one of the first outfits I spotted I my closet; a light pink t-shirt with a grey sweatshirt to cover it, a pair of light blue jeans and a off-white beanie for my head.

Hey, it was Monday; I didn’t need to look like a supermodel!

After checking my bedside clock and realizing I was slightly behind schedule I rushed downstairs to see a tired looking Piper sitting at the table waiting for food.

I stopped in my tracks and looked and her raising an eyebrow. “Would you like something?” I asked sarcastically.

Piper looked up at me and stared. “One, don’t use your sassy attitude with me, you love me. Two, yes I would love something to eat so make it snappy. And three, get up a little late today Soph?” she finished with the most sarcasm she could muster, looking my outfit up and down.

I yawned and shook my head. “Nope, I just took a super long shower because I lost track of time.” I replied, heading around the corner to the kitchen and grabbing a yogurt, banana and juice box for myself as well as an apple, granola bar and juice box for Piper.

I walked out of the kitchen and threw Piper her to-go breakfast on at a time before sitting down at the table for a couple of minutes.

“So, you weren’t answering you phone all weekend so I assumed it was just dead, but did you get home fine on Friday night?” Piper asked, sounding a little concerned.

My eyes bulged for a second before returning to normal when I remembered that I hadn’t checked my phone all weekend and it was probably full of missed calls and texts from both Blake and Piper. I nodded my head in confirmation. “Yup, I came home a little late but eah, what’cha gonna do?” I said, shrugging my shoulders.

Piper stopped eating and looked at me strangely.

“What?” I asked, swallowing a bit of yogurt.

“My recital ended just after 9:30pm and you must’ve left at least before ten. You’re curfew is midnight so how in the world did you end up being late? At most it’s a forty minute walk from the auditorium to your house.” Piper asked.

I internally groaned. Since I hadn’t been answering my phone all weekend while my mind was focused on Jett, I obviously hadn’t been able to tell Piper about what happened on Friday night after I left her recital.