18: Maybe Perfect

Chapter 18

Jett got up from his seat on the couch while continuing to speak. “Sophie’s never seen any of the acts here before and they’re really good so let’s go.” he said, suddenly appearing in front of me to offer me a hand up.

I graciously took the helping hand but Jett was a little stronger than I thought so when he pulled me up, I flew right into his chest and almost toppled over before he caught me. I looked up at him and smiled. “You okay there princess?” he asked teasingly, standing me up straight.

I stuck out my tongue. “Yea thanks.” I replied. “Let’s go see all this talent.” I said, nodding to where Carter, Axel and Dillon were already walking through the door that led to the kitchen.

Both Jett and I followed the guys, walking through the kitchen to the main part of the café. When I saw how many people were already here and waiting for the show I was shocked; sure I remembered that there was standing room only last time I was here but I didn’t think that it was a regular thing. Carter led the way to a red booth near the stage that was empty.

I tapped Jett on the shoulder as we walked. “Why is nobody already sitting there?” I asked curiously. Why would nobody sit in on of the booths close to the front of the stage if it was open?

Jett replied, “It’s our table. We always sit there and the customers know it so usually after six o’clock nobody sits there.” he replied and I nodded finally understanding.

When I arrived at the booth last all the guys were already seated and it didn’t look like there was much room for me. “Umm… where am I supposed to sit?” I asked shyly, wondering if I should just pull up a chair and sit at the end of the table.

Dillon smirked at me. “Well, you could always sit on your monkey’s lap.” he suggested, nodding to Jett who was currently shaking his head.

“Seriously though, do you want me to just pull a chair up here?” I asked, starting to look around the diner for a spare chair.

When I located one, I was about to go and grab it when somebody grabbed my hand. I turned to see it was Jett who stopped me from leaving. “Don’t worry about grabbing that other chair, Axel can move over and you can just sit here.” Jett said, patting the small amount of space next to him while nudging Axel to move closer to the wall.

I shrugged as Axel and Jett squished farther against the wall and sat down in the open space. Only a bit more of half my butt was on the seat and if Jett was to nudge me or something I would probably end up falling out of the booth.

As I was trying to get more comfortable, Jett threw his arm over my shoulder and pulled me closer to him so there was room on the bench for me. Now I wouldn’t fall off the bench but the fact that my right leg was thrown over Jett’s legs and I was currently squished to the side of Jett’s body was a little unnerving as there were small tingles running up and down my body.