Getting there

George pov:

Clay should be here in a few minutes, 'I can't believe this is happening' I say to myself trying to compose myself before I hear a knock at the door, it felt like my heart was pounding simultaneously to the knocks. Eventually i know I have to open up the door, I take a deep breathe gaining some confidence before I swing the door open to be greeted by lustrous eyes looking at me "hey Georgie" he smiles "h-hi" I stutter out "thank you again for this" he continues "it's really no problem I want to help you" he respond getting a bit more comfortable now that he's actually in my house "well let's get started" I smile.

After a few hours clay starts picking up on the work "I think i got it!" He celebrates "yeah you're getting there" I laugh at his reaction of putting his arms in the air. He must realise how dumb he looks as he starts laughing as well and not before long turning into a wheeze "you- you sound like a k- a kettle!" I shout then return to laughing "shu- shut up!" He shouts before returning to hysterics. We continue to laugh as I begin to keel over from the laughter,accidentally nudging clay as he falls over on top of me, suddenly the laughing stops and the room fills with silence.  I look up at clay who is inches from my face I let out a shaky breathe as I see clay look towards my lips, he moves closer and then.

"Honey I'm home" I hear my mum shout, in the blink of an eye I get up collecting myself "hey mum" I respond "oh! Who's your friend George?" She asks "this is clay. I'm helping him study for exams" I say cooling down from the previous events, "oh that's sweet of you George, are you staying for dinner clay?" She asks turning her attention to clay next to me "oh I can't I should really be going, it's getting late. I'll see you later Georgie?" He asks as I nod 'that was awkward! I'm so stupid! I'm such an idiot what was I thinking. He wouldn't do that' I mentally scold myself.

Clay pov: (woo)

I finally leave George's house and as the door closes I lean against it and let a breathe go I didn't realise I was holding it "what was that?" I ask myself.

A few weeks go by and George and I have silently agree to not discuss the events that happened when I first came to his house, we've gotten really close as friends and tell each other a lot almost everything ALMOST. I know he's hiding something from me, and he knows I'm hiding something from him. I finish my thoughts as I walk into the school being greeted by sapnap "hey dude" he hours putting his hand on my back "hey man" I return "where have you been lately I can't seem to find you when I need you" he pouts "oh I've been at George's he's been helping me study" I accidently let out as I put my books into my locker "oh my god, seriously dude? You're such a loser" he laughs "oh wow sapnap that's so funny say that again this time within arms distance of me" I retort giving him a stern look "chill I was just joking,  ur come on don't tell me you're not tryna hit that" I turn red at sapnap's words "what are you talking about sapnap "you know what I'm talking about clay, he's cute. I'll give you a week and if you don't get him then I will" he snickers "sapnap you do nothing but bully him" I say looking at him confused "it's called tough love" he quips and walks away into his class.