Rise

George pov:
"Clay? Clay you're awake!" I yell as I lean in to hug him, wrapping my arms around his broad shoulders 'they're warm' I thought tightening my grip. "Aww what happened to dream? I could get used to that nickname" clay responds smugly putting him arms around me also. Then I remembered why we were here, why we were in this mess so I backed a way and hit his shoulder although I tried not to hurt him. "What the fuck happened!? How did you end up here! You could have died apparently, don't ever leave me again!" I sob as clay pulls me into his shoulder literally giving me a shoulder to cry on "do you want the full story?" Clay asked with sadness laced in his voice, I nodded my head n his shoulder which he seemed to pick up on "fine, after you went into the house I stayed a little longer cause I was happy and I wanted to let the moment sink in. Whilst I was waiting I saw you're mother with some bags that looked heavy so I offered to help, when we came in to the house I saw that asshole standing over you all bloodied up and shaking, he was relentless he didn't stop, you're mother shouted after him, asking why he would do that and he explained that he saw you with me, and he saw what we did then he continued to hit you so I intervened by punching him I couldn't let him keep hurting you, what kind of person would I be, your dad is one tough fucker but I think I won, I managed to knock him unconscious.I looked towards your mother who shouted at me. She wanted me out the house but I- I couldn't leave you there. I grabbed you as calmly as I could to not hurt you even more. I put you in my car and drove to the nearest hospital, and then carried you in. That's the last thing I remember" he finished.

My head rose from clays shoulder so I could look at him in the eyes, but they were red, he was crying "hey sshh it's ok clay" I whispered pulling him to my chest and stroking his hair "it's not George, you're parents are assholes I'm sorry to tell you but they are!" He shouts, "I know clay I know. But they've left now, they left me alone, which is probably the best thing they've ever done for me" I chuckle. Clay looks at me shocked for a moment "wait so how are you living, where are you living?" He asked frantically "I'm living with my neighbour, you know bad? And skeppy? Well they're kind of a thing and let me live there with them" I smile, clay still looked confused "but how does he afford the house?" I laugh for a minute "seriously of all the questions you could ask, the house is the biggest one?" I laugh harder causing clay to laugh "it's a vital question!" He wheezes 'god I miss that laugh' when we finally compose ourselves I respond "if you must know his parents work abroad and send him money so he can stay in a house, they trust him enough so it's a win win I suppose".

I just remembered that I needed to text bad telling him I'm safe so I send him a quick message:

Hey bad, I'm safe and just sitting in clay's room, I'll leave and be home soon

As I sent it I look towards clay again and he still looked confused "what's wrong?" I ask

"Why is there a lot of techno shit in my room?"