Epilogue

"I'm sorry sir, but Mrs Ahmad lost the baby" The doctor said and Asad leaned against the wall. He cupped his face and placed his head on the wall.

Why is it always her? he thought.

He felt a hand on his shoulder. He didn't bother to look in the direction as he knew it was Aahil.

Seher took the kids home, with Aahil and fed them. Making sure they were safe, Aahil came to be there for his brother.

"Bhai!" Aahil called and hugged his brother. Asad broke into tears in the arms of his brother. Aahil held him and stood there for him.

"Excuse me sir!" They heard a nurse. They parted and looked at the nurse.

"Mrs Ahmad is in need of A positive blood immediately" the nurse said and Asad looked at Aahil.

"Doesn't the blood donation have any?" Aahil asked and the nurse nodded her head negatively.

"Take my blood" Asad said and followed the nurse.

••••

"Asad!" Asad heard Kainaat's weak voice. He looked up at looked at her. He held her hands in his and kissed her forehead.

"Maar hi daalo muje (kill me already)" he said caressing her face. She smiled at him and he kissed her forehead again.

"How are you feeling now Mrs Kainaat?" The doctor asked as she entered the room.

"Fabulous!" Kainaat said with a smile and Asad rolled his eyes. He glared at her and she rolled her eyes at him.

"We will keep you under observation for a few days" the doctor said and the couple nodded their heads.

••••

"Mummy!" Aliza and Ahsan screamed as they saw their mother in the hands of their father.

Asad carefully placed Kainaat on the chair, Aliza and Ahsan slowly came to their mother as she opened her arms for them.

"Mere bache!(my children)" Kainaat said and she hugged them tightly to her whilst crying. Asad, Aahil and Seher teared up at the scene.

Asad came closer and hugged his three lifelines. He kissed each of their foreheads and wiped away their tears.

"Naat maa!" Kainaat heard a sweet voice. She smiled and looked behind Seher.

"Lily!" Kainaat called and she came running to her favorite person. Kainaat hugged her and kissed her all over her cheeks.

"Now we are a happy family!" Seher exclaimed taking out her phone to take a picture. Aahil rolled his eyes at his wife as she pulled him closer for a picture.

They all smiled and thus, Seher's perfect family photo was taken

• • • • • • • • •

TWO WEEKS LATER....

"And what are you thinking about?" Asad wrapped his arms around his wife as he entered the room and saw her sitting in the terrace lost in thoughts.

Asad nuzzled his nose on her neck and Kainaat immediately got up.

"What happened?" Asad asked coming to the railing where Kainaat was.

He leaned against the railing and folded his arms to his chest.

Kainaat looked at him with tears in her eyes and then looked away. Asad got worried seeing her like this and brought her to stand up infront of him.

"What happened?" He asked cupping her face in his hands.

"Asad! Asad he..... he touched me where.....where you love to touch" Kainaat said stuttering and hid her face in his neck.