Chapter 31

"I'm sorry!"

Were the last words Kainaat heard before she fell on the floor, disheartened, mentally drained. She felt as if her life took a u-turn, this time drastically!

She could not bear what she heard! It was difficult to digest, she felt suffocated, she felt numb. She couldn't move, she sat their devoid of any emotion.

Coming out of the shower, Asad saw the state of his wife and immediately ran to her. He shook her, but she hadn't moved an inch.

He started to panic! "Kainaat!" He called and she looked at him emotionless.

"Our.......our children" she said and she felt numb saying those words. She fell into her husband's arms and Asad wrapped his arms around her.

Asad's phone rang and he immediately answered it noticing his brother's name pop up on the caller ID.

A few hours ago, they were celebrating their anniversary in a pure ecstatic and amazing way. After Kainaat had showered, she came to fetch her phone when she saw 50 missed calls from Seher.

Deciding to call her best friend back, assuming she may have wanted to wish her, she called her back.

That was the biggest mistake of her life!

_______________

Kainaat and Asad came to the scene. Kainaat was heartbroken seeing her two life lines wrapped in white cloth with blood all over their tiny bodies.

"Aliza! Ahsan" Kainaat cried falling to the ground hugging her two beauties who were nothing but mere dead souls.

"This can't happen! Aliza open you eyes baby, look mommy is here. Ahsan come baby, mommy will take you to the gym. Please my babies look mommy is here. She won't quarrel you anymore! Just open your eyes. For mama open!! Please" Kainaat screamed with tears of a river coming out of her eyes.

She could have never imagined her life like this!

"Asad, Asad tell them to open their eyes! They listen to you" Kainaat requested to her husband who was also broken totally.

Seher came to hug Kainaat when Kainaat pushed her away. Aahil and Asad both noticed this and were heartbroken.

"No! They are mine" Kainaat said pulling both of them to her heart. The hospital people had come to take them and she held them tightly closer to her, preventing the people to take them away from her.

"Kainaat!" Asad calles softly pulling his fragile, broken wife into his arms. She was shattered and totally not in her sense.

Who wouldn't be? She was having a blissful night with her husband on their anniversary, to wake up to know that her children are no more in this world!

Who could be so heartless?

The people took the two little souls away as it was time for the Janazah(burial). Asad left Kainaat in Seher's care as he had to go and perform the most hard ritual any father could perform.

He was going to bury his own children with his own hands. Asad preferred death over this harsh moment.

He wanted to be buried before he could bury them. His heart was broken into pieces. His breaths were uneven and his chest was forming thick lumps.