Chapter 28

KAINAAT KHAN

"What's your name sweetheart?" I asked the little girl that came along with Zaisha. It was hard for me to believe that this little girl couldn't speak.

When I was passing by Zaisha's room, I heard her scolding someone and it didn't take me long to guess it was this girl. And I swear I heard her sobbing.

The girl looked up at me frightened. I held her hand and brought her to my room making sure to lock the door.

"Don't worry! I promise I won't harm you" I told her and she looked up at me with a shine in her eyes. I smiled at her assuring her I won't harm her.

She had her fingers in her mouth and she looked nervous. "I promise!" I said and she looked down.

"Alayna" She said and I looked at her shocked. Even though she only said her name, her voice was so soothing and cute.

I wonder what Zaisha had done to her!

"Don't worry, you can speak to me. But promise me you will never speak to me Infront of Zaisha" I said hugging her and she nodded her head.

No smile! No happiness, was present on her face.

"Is Zaisha your mom?" I asked the question after pondering over it several times. Alayna looked at me emotionless.

She looks so much matured for her age. I really need to know what has happened.

She nodded her head negatively and I was shocked.

"Are you sure?" I asked her nicely and she nodded her head positively. This Zaisha is something else!

"Do you want to eat something?" I asked caressing her hair and she hesitantly nodded her head.

I didn't want to pressurize the poor girl with more questions so I carefully lift her in my arms and brought her to the kitchen.

Ahsan and Aliza were at school whilst Asad was at work. I made some pancakes for her and made her sit on the chair.

I was about to feed her, but she lift the fork and started to eat by herself. I smiled and took out some juice for her.

"I don't like orange juice" she said not looking at me and I was happy that she spoke to me. Putting away the orange juice I took out the mango one for her.

"Why the hell did you give her mango juice?" I heard an angry Zaisha. I turned around to see her fuming in anger.

"She's a child, so I thought she would like mango juice. And I gave it to her! Why is she allergic to it?" I asked her raising my eyebrow and she rolled her eyes.

"Who told you to take food from that woman? What if she intends to kill you as you are her husband's daughter?" Zaisha asked Alayna and I looked at Alayna and saw she was silently crying looking down.

"Zaisha! That's not how you talk to children! Look she's shivering" I said and was about to take Alayna in my arms when Zaisha beat me at it.

"I don't need to know from my co-wife how to take care of children! You better look at yours only" she taunted me and left. I ignored her though it hurt. Picking up Alayna's wears I cleant the kitchen.

________________

"Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" I heard the voices of my munchkins as I was cleaning our room. They both came and engulfed me into a tight hug as I turned around.