Chapter 11

ASAD AHMAD

She was immediately brought to the hospital and was taken into ICU.

The officers had arrested the men including Shahzan Malik. I was still not satisfied with him just being arrested. I would deal with him when Kainaat recovers.

It has been two days since she was brought to the hospital. The doctors had said that she has gone into a coma and they don't know when she would come out.

I was so thankful that the bullet didn't cause much harm. I sat next to her since she was brought into the ward. I rubbed her hands and spoke to her yet she hadn't woken up.
__________

I rested my head on the edge of the bed when suddenly I felt her fingers move. I immediately jolted up and saw that she was battling with herself to open her eyes.

I called the doctor and he told me she was gaining conscious. I waited for her to fully open her eyes and after two hours of just praying and staring at her she opened her eyes.

KAINAAT AHMAD

With great difficulty I opened my eyes and the first person I spotted was Asad standing at the far end of the room.

I knew he was damn angry with me.

Well it's obvious with the stunt I pulled.

The doctors checked me and then told Asad he needed to take full care of me. Some tests needed to be done so the doctor said I would be discharged tomorrow.
___________

"You need rest!" Asad said as he pulled the duvet over me. It has been one week since we came back and I'm getting his silent treatment.

I tried my best to talk to him but he would avoid the topic, saying he is busy or he's tired.

But jaanaab ko meri is baat sunne ke liye time nahi likin jub Mai uff be karu toh daur ke chale aate hai!

(He doesn't have time to listen to me in regards to the incident, but when I say uff he comes running towards me)

I held his wrist as he was about to leave, he turned around and looked at me raising his eyebrow asking what?

I patted on the bed next to me, indicating him to sit. I sat up a little and rest my cheek against his chest.

After a little while I looked up at him and found him staring at me.

"I'm sorry!" I said holding his face in my hands.

"Why are you sorry? You wanted an award for going against me no? Look you have received it! A damn bullet!" He said calmly but I knew the depth of his words.

He was mad!

"Ab khush?" (Now are you happy?) he asked and I looked down in guilt.

"I only wanted to get a gift for you as it was our first year anniversary and also your birthday!" I said staring into those charcoal eyes.

"You could have brought the gift later or you could have waited for me to come so we would go together! But no! You want to be a super heroine and do everything yourself!" He said angrily and I was hurt.

I was thinking about him only!

"Do you even know how I felt when I heard you had gone out of the house? Kainaat, my intention is not to keep you in this house as a prisoner! Someone was freakin watching us and at anytime he could have attacked you. That was the last thing I ever wanted! Someone attacking you! All you had to do was just listen to me" he said, this time a little calmer than before.