Chapter 7

ASAD AHMAD

"Kya kiya aapne Bhai?" (What have you done?) Aahil asked with a horrified look.

I fell on my knees and tears automatically came running out of my eyes. All those bad things I did to that poor soul came flashing to me.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh" I screamed loudly as tears came out. Aahil came and engulfed me in his arms. I had never been this broken but twice.

What was her fault in all of this? It was all my fault? She was innocent? I man handled her! I broke mum and dad's trust.

"Aahil.... I have com...committed a sin" I cried in my brothers arms. He rubbed his hand on my back and tried to calm me down.
___________

ONE WEEK LATER!!

"Naat! Take care of yourself" Aahil told Kainaat as he was leaving. I headed out with Aahil and we drove to the airport.

Aahil wanted to complete his studies so he is going America to do that. Once he finishes it he would come back.

I didn't want him to go, I didn't want him to leave. But how long would that work. I had to let my brother move on in life.

So I agreed! On the condition that he would come to us in every vacation he got.

"Bye Bhai! And remember you have a lot of work and responsibilities to look after" Aahil said and I nodded my head as we stood in the airport.

I gave him one last hug and he left.
___________

I came back to a silent house. This house was not a home anymore. There was no noise and just silence everywhere.

In the last week, Kainaat and Aahil had so much fun together. They would play all sorts of games and pranks on me. They would bake and cook together.

Aahil once told me, he found glimpses of mum in Kainaat. She was amazing! I smiled and nodded my head at him.

Well, talking about the relationship of Kainaat and me. We were still like before. Excluding all the abuses and my stupidness.

I came to my room and found Kainaat laying on the bed. I went forward and as if sensing me she got up immediately.

"I'm sorry! I was just cleaning and then I laid down" she said looking down playing with her fingers.

"It's ok! I would like to talk to you" I said and she looked up at me and nodded her head. I gestured her to sit on the bed and I sat away from her. Not to far, not to close.

"Kainaat! I'm sorry for every single thing I have done to you. I know my sorry is not enough for the amount of zulm (oppression) I have done to you. I'm not asking you to forgive me. I'm just asking you to give me a chance. Where I can pay for all the wrong things I have done to you. You know like a living compensation. I don't even know if I'm making sense. But all I want to say is sorry" I said all in one go not looking at her.

Once I was finished I looked up at her but she wasn't looking at me.

"Aahil told me everything" she said and I stared at her.

"It's not easy to get over whatever you have done to me very easily" she said and I nodded my head.

"I promise to try my best to gain your forgiveness" I said and left not before closing the door.
__________

KAINAAT AHMAD

"So Naat! What did he say?" Aahil asked me as not to long before he had video called Asad. Asad had handed me his phone as Aahil wanted to talk to me.