Chapter 24

GUYSSSS!!!! My school starts on Monday!!! Can you believe that? 😭😭

•••••••

Jahan and Shabana Khan had arrived to New York clueless, on the request of their daughter.

They arrived around seven in the morning and reached Kainaat's house at ten. They both were shocked to see their son-in-law. But they refused to ask any questions to Kainaat.

"Nanu! Play with me please" little Aliza requested her grandfather. He smiled and lift her in his arms and took her to the garden.

"Princess! Did you eat the fruits I-" Asad came to the garden asking when he spotted Jahan. He muttered a sorry and was about to go when Jahan called him.

"Are you so upset with your Jahan Uncle, that you won't talk to him?" Jahan asked and Asad turned around. He nodded his head negatively and came towards him.

"The dangerous, dominating, most successful business man, has forgotten his J uncle, I see" Jahan said with a smirk and Asad chuckled.

Ignoring his words, Asad hugged his uncle. "I missed you" Asad said and Jahan patted his head.

"Did you tell Kainaat the truth?" Jahan asked Asad and he nodded his head negatively. Jahan nodded his head and didn't say anything further, as he knew it was his children's matter which didn't need his involvement at the moment.

"Baba, come we have to discuss-" Kainaat came out into the garden saying when she saw Asad and her father.

"What happened?" She asked both of them, folding her hands to her chest.

"Nothing! You were saying something? Come let's go inside" Jahan told his daughter and placed his arms around her shoulder taking her inside.

Asad looked at their retreating figure and was heartbroken.

"Aaaah!" Asad heard and immediacy turned around to see his daughter crying. He immediately ran to her and stooped down to pick her in his arms.

"What happened?" He asked a crying Aliza. His heart clenched seeing her crying. He wiped her face and moved away the hairs that came in her way.

"Baba! I fell......(crying)......down" Aliza said and Asad placed her face in his neck trying to calm her. He patted her back and kissed the side of her head. Her face had turned red just like her mother, from crying

Once she was calmed, Asad made her face him. "My Daughter is a strong girl, just like her mummy right?" Asad asked wiping her tears. Aliza cutely nodded her head positively and Asad smiled.

"Baba will kiss it, and it will get better" Asad said and kissed her knee. Aliza smiled looking at her father.

"It hurts here to" Aliza pointed just beneath her knee smiling. Asad kissed the spot she showed and Aliza showed more places.

"You naughty girl! Just say you want baba's kisses" Asad told her whilst tickling her and both laughed wholeheartedly.

Kainaat stood at the door watching the two of them and smiled. She wiped her tears and came to the scene.

"Aliza" she called and both of them looked at her. "Mommy!" Aliza said and came to her mother.

"Nanu is calling you" She said caressing her face and Aliza immediately ran in the house.

Kainaat also turned to go with her when Asad held her wrist and yanked her to him. Her hands landed on his chest and he placed his hands on her waist.

"It's bad manners to stare at someone" he said and Kainaat was confused about what he was referring to.

"You could have come and joined us" Asad said and he kissed her forehead. "I told you not to touch me, leave me" Kainaat said and Asad tightened his hold on her.