Unfortunate Circumstances

Elphaba opened her eyes.
It was morning. The dreaded day was finally upon them.
Glinda stirred beside her. The green witch looked at her friend, sleeping peacefully.
Glinda had explained to her what all was on the video last night.
A realization crossed her mind. In about a week, she will either be dead or free.
A shiver ran through her spine and she got up and changed into her traditional black dress.
A knock sounded on the door, so she went to answer it.
"Elphaba!" Elsa and Anna greeted.
"Hey! Did you guys find anything?" Elphaba asked.
"No. We looked everywhere. You know, you didn't have a whole lot of personal items," Anna replied.
Elphaba sat down on the couch with lher head in her hands. "Glinda has something, and Christery is out looking who knows where!"
"Speaking of Glinda, where is she?" Elsa wondered.
"Asleep. I figured at least one of us should rest," Elphaba sighed.
Suddenly, Frexspar opened the door with the key he had been given and walked in.
"Good morning, ladies," he said. "I wish i could be here on different circumstances."
"Us too," Elsa agreed.
Glinda walked out in a long, pink dress instead of her white, sparkly one. She was looking for a simpler touch.
"Good morning," she murmered in the cheeriest voice she could manage.
All five of them sat in an awkward silence, knowing that today, things could either go seriously wrong, or wonderfully right.
When the clock struck 7:30, they composed themselves and walked out the door.
Ozians waited outside the door. Some hissed, sone booed, some even encouraged Elphaba, showing the same bravery as the young man outside of the jail.
When their carriage pulled up outside of City Hall, it was 7:50.
Glinda, being the lawyer, walked out first.
She walked over to Elphaba. "I hope you are aware that i know nothing about being a lawyer," she mumbled.
"I know," Elphaba sighed. "At least i have one."
They walked into the building, high tec cameras working to broadcast the trial.
By the time everyone took their positions, (the important Ozians in the building, the rest outside) it was exactly 8:00.
Let the trial begin.