Morning Conversations

Elphaba was the first to wake up.
She chose to make everyone waffles for breakfast. Fifteen minutes into it, Glinda came down.
"Good morning," Elphaba greeted in surprise. Glinda was usually the last one to wake up.
"Elphie, i have something to tell you," Glinda began.
"Go ahead."
"I...I....um...i...am...Elphie, i am pregnant," Glinda stuttered.
"I know."
"What?"
"I know," Elphaba repeated.
"How did you know?"
"Believe it or not, i am a woman. We just know these things. Don't ask how."
The two were silent for a moment while they worked together on breakfast.
"How did Boq take it?" Elphaba asked after awhile.
Glinda laughed. "Well. Very well."
"You two will be amazing parents," Elphaba smiled.
"Thanks Elphie."
Both Boq and Nick walked tiredly into the kitchen. When they saw the plates of hot waffles, they perked up.
"Sure, now you come," Elphaba joked.
"What can we say, we're men. We don't bake or cook. Unless it's meat," Nick said and kissed Elphaba as Boq kissed Glinda.
"I'm hungry!" Boq told and grabbed a plate pausing to smile down at Glinda's stomach. (I just now realized how creepy that sounds)
When Glinda turned around, Nick gave Elphaba a questioning look and made a motion with his hand to make his stomach look bigger. While doing this, he mouthed the word pregnant, and Elphaba nodded. Nick smiled to himself and grabbed his own plate, passing Elphaba hers.