One Short Day

"Here, put this on!" Elphaba said, shoving a yellow dress into Glinda's arms.
"Why?" Glinda wondered.
"You'll see," Elphaba said creepily before laughing wickedly. Come on, you know the laugh i'm talking about.
Glinda changed and found Elphaba in a different dress. This one had longer sleeves and-
"Wait, i've seen these dress before. This was when-" Glinda realized.
Thank you for interrupting the auth-
"Whaaat? I have NO clue what you are talking about! Glinda, i think you're going insane!" Elphaba said quickly then grabbe her friend's arm and walked towards a big gate.
They walked through to find the usual hustle and bustle of the Emerald City.
Elphaba ran over and grabbed a pair of green glasses.
This was the exact place where Elphaba and Glinda first came to the Emerald City. It was the only place that Glinda left completely greenified.
Oddly enough, no one recognized the green witch nor the blonde walking around and pointing out famous sites.
The two merrily remembered the past. They remembered the joyous time before everything turned a little bit wicked. (Yes it's a reference, do you expect anything less of me?)
"This is wonderful! A girl's day out!" Glinda exclaimed.
"Yeah...don't say it like that," Elphaba responded with a smile.
Glinda laughed until she stopped abruptly and looked at the sky.
"What is-OW!" A sizzling noise sounded as a drop of rain hit her cheek.
"Quick, in here," Glinda said, holding her purse above Elphaba's head.
"Where are we?" Elphaba asked, squinting in the darkness of the room.
"I have no idea!"
"Over here!"
"Where are you?"
"Here!" Elphaba called, turning on a light.
"Aaahh!" Glinda screamed.
Elphaba ran over, then laughed.
"They are just costumes!"
And that is what they were. The pair was standing in the room where the Wizomania was held so many years ago.
"I was so näive back then," Elphaba whispered so quietly Glinda barely heard her.
"We both were," Glinda murmered, rubbing her hand on Elphaba's arm, then holding her hand.
Sub-consiously, Elphaba started singing One Short Day. Glinda smiled and joined in.
"We're just two friends."
"Two good friends."
"Two best friends."
The two witches smiled at each other.
"We should go," Glinda whispered.
"But it's still raining," Elphaba murmered.
Glinda smiled wider. "Come on."
Elphaba relctantly followed her friend towards the door.
Once the door was open, Glinda conjured a bubble and pulled Elphaba through the bouncy layer.
The bubble allowed no rain to get through, and they could see surprisingly well.
They traveled above the clouds until they reached Glinda's mansion. Once there, they went through Glinda's window and put their dresses into the closet.
"Here," Glinda said, holding a tube of medicine out to Elphaba, "put this on your burn."
"Thanks," Elphaba mumbled.
"Boq, Nick, Christery, we're home!" Glinda called.
"Wha-Ow!" Boq yelled as a thump was heard.
Nick and Boq walked through the door. Boq was holding his head.
"Someone ran into me. They did not see me," Boq muttered.
"Ladies, you're back!" Nick greeted, kissing Elphaba on the cheek.
"Did you get the dresses? You're back later than we thought you would be," Boq commented.
"We were done early and took a girl day. Believe it or not, but it was Elphie's idea," Glinda told.
"Really? You?" Christery said, walking into the room.
"It's not like we went to get our make up and hair done. We just went on a trip down memory lane. I can be sentimental," Elphaba voiced.
"So, did you two have fun?" Nick asked.
"Yep," Glinda answered.
"For the most part," Elphaba responded.
"What do you mean?" Christery wondered.
"You have to remember, we went DRESS shopping," Elphaba told.
"You know you liked it!" Glinda argued.
"No i didn't!"
"Yes you did!"
"No i didn't!"
"No you didn't!"
"I'm glad we're on the same page."
"Elphie!"