Optimistic

"I know exactly what you mean, women do know these things," Glinda said the next day when Elphaba and her were taking a walk.
"What are you talking about?" Elphaba asked, though she knew exactly.
"Don't play dumb with me, i know you are pregnant," Glinda laughed.
Elphaba smiled.
"Does Nick know?" Glinda wondered.
"I told him yesterday," Elphaba answered.
"I'm so happy for you!" Glinda squealed.
"It's so hard to believe, you know?"
"I know exactly what it feels like," Glinda sighed. "It's hard and awkward, especially towards the end, but it is worth it to see that little face smiling up at you. Well, not smiling, but still."
"I wish i could just skip the nine months of having a person inside of me," Elphaba complained.
"Don't we all. What gender do you want it to be?"
"I'm not sure."
"Oh come on, Elphie, i know you better than that. It's just us here."
"I will be happy either way, but i am kind of hoping for a girl," Elphaba admitted.
"It would be wonderful if you had a girl and our two daughters became friends! Despite the age difference, of course!" Glinda fantasized.
"They'll be more like sisters, living in the same house and all. That can be good and can be bad."
"If it is a boy, then maybe they'll fall in love! Aw!" Glinda dreamed.
"Yeah, okay. Have you had any green elixir lately?" Elphaba joked.
"Hey, a girl can dream!" Glinda laughed.
"Just because you thought it, doesn't mean it's true," Elphaba said.
"And just because you dream it, doesn't mean it's impossible. Dreams do come true."
"And other dreams crash and burn."
"You are such an optimistic person, Elphie."
"No, i'm wicked."