The Trial Begins

"All rise."
"Be seated."
"First, i let the challenging lawyer rise. Mr. Shelley."
"I have exact evidence that that Witch is guilty. First, i give you a witness."
Elphaba stomach lurched as she realized there was only one person it could be.
"I call Madame Morrible to the stand."
Madame Morrible swore to tell the truth over the holy book of the Unamed God.
"Madame, is it true you were both Elphaba and Glinda's professor back at Shiz University?"
"Yes. I taught them magic."
"And, how good was Miss Thropp at this magic."
"She was an outstanding student. I knew she could rise above the rest, no joke intended."
"And what did she do with this magic?"
"She went to the Wizard and stole the Grimmerie."
"Objection!" Glinda yelled.
"Denied. Please continue Mr. Shelley."
"What did she do next?"
"She gave the poor, innocent monkeys wings so they could be her spies. Then she kidnapped Glinda, who was her room mate, and took her to the attic. Our guards were able to get Glinda back, but the Wicked Witch escaped."
A song appeared in Glinda's head.
"Are you done questioning?" The judge asked.
"Yes, Your Honor."
"Glinda. Who would you like to question."
"If you don't mind, i wish to question Madame Morrible."
"As you wish."
"Morrible, your version of the story is that me and Elphaba went to the Wizard together, and she saw stole the Grimmerie?"
"Yes."
"And when in your story, did you appoint me as Glinda the Good?"
"After we rescued you from her."
"That's strange, because at my engagment party you said, and i quote, 'the day you were first summoned to an audience with Oz, and although he would not tell you why initially, as you bowed before his throne, he decreed you'd hence be known, as Glinda the Good officially. And with a jealous squee, the Wicked Witch burst from concealment, where she had been working surreptitially.' That is different than what you just told me."
"That's a lie!"
Glinda hit the play button on her camera that she had hooked up to a TV. Her engagment party was the only other thing she had recorded after Elphaba left.
Madame Morrible's voice singing that part in Thank Goodness, including that part with Glinda and Fiyero talking, played.
"That's not how you described it to me," Fiyero murmered.
"Oh no, not exactly, but we'll talk about it later," Glinda whispered.
Glinda let the tape keep going to when the old Glinda pulled Fiyero aside.
"I can't just stand here grinning pretending to go along with all of this!" Fiyero exclaimed.
"Do you think I like to hear them say those awful things about her? I hate it!" Glinda argued.
"Then what are we doing here? Let's go, let's get out of here!" Fiyero urged.
"We can't leave now, not when people are looking to us to raise their spirits," Glinda pushed.
"You can't leave, because you can't resist this. And that is the truth," Fiyero retorted.
"Maybe I can't. Is that so wrong? Who could?" Glinda asked.
"You know who could. Who has," Fiyero whispered.
"Fiyero, I miss her too, but we can't just stop living. No one has searched harder for her than you. But don't you see? She doesn't want to be found. We have to face it," Glinda told.
"You're right. I'm sorry, you're right. And if it's going to make you happy, of course I'll marry you," Fiyero murmered.
"But it'll make you happy too, right?" Glinda asked.
" You know me... I'm always happy," Fiyero says and runs off.
"Fiyero! Thanks plenty dearest! He's gone to fetch me a refreshment, he's so thoughtful that way! That's why, i couldn't be happier..."
And then Glinda stopped the video.
"What do you have to say for yourself?" Glinda asked Madame Morrible.
"The question is, what do you have to say for yourself?" Madame Morrible laughed.