The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

No one questioned anything when a flying monkey was called to the witness stand. It was business as usual when a wicked witch was on trial.
A blonde woman questioned him.
"Is it true," Glinda asked, "that you have evidence to prove Elphaba's innocence?"
"Yes, ma'am."
"Can you show us the evidence?"
"Yes ma'am."
The monkey pulled out a video camera, which Glinda plugged ini the TV.
It immediately played.
"I am Oz, the great and terrible! Who are you and why do you seek me?" A voice behind a large head boomed.
"Say something!" Glinda squealed.
"Uh... Elphaba Thropp your terribleness!" Elphaba responded.
"Oh? Is that you Elphaba? I didn't realize!" The male's voice spoke normally.
He climbed out of the head.
"I hope I didn't startle you, it's so hard to make out peoples' faces all the way back there. So, let's see... which is which? Elphaba!" He said, grabbing Elphaba's hands. "And you must be.."
"Glinda. The Ga is silent."
Elphaba touches the Oz mask.
"I know. It isn't much, is it? But people expect this sort of thing. You have to give people what they want. The thing is, I hardly ever let people meet the real me, but this being special occasion," the Wizard told.
"I'm so happy to meet you," Elphaba exclaimed.
"Well, that's good. 'Cause that's what I love best: making people happy!" He began to sing. "I am a sentimental man, who always longed to be a father.
That's why i do the best i can to treat each citizen of Oz a son or daughter. So Elphaba i'd like to raise you high, 'cuz i think everyone deserves the chance to fly!
And helping you with your ascent allows me to feel so parental, for i am a sentimental man."
"I'm here... we're here to alert you that something bad is happening..." Elphaba began.
"Please, I'm the Wizard of Oz. I already know why you've come," the Wizard told.
"Oooo," Elphaba and Glinda said in unison.
"Of course, you must prove yourself..."
"Prove yourself, prove yourself," Glinda muttered.
"But how?" Elphaba wondered.
"Oh, I don't know," he began singing again. "Some sort of gesture mostly for show something to test your adeptness.. I know! Madame, the book!"
Madame Morrible walked into view.
"Madame Morrible..." Glinda said.
"I believe you're well acquainted with my new Press Secretary," the Wizard began.
"Press Secretary?" Elphaba asked.
"Oh, yes dearies, I've risen up in the world. You'll find that the Wizard is a very generous man. If you do something for him, he'll do much for you," Morrible responded.
"What do you want me to do?"
"Well, this is my monkey servent, Chistery. He looks so longingly at the birds every morning...." The Wizard began.
"So the Wizard was thinking, perhaps, a levitation spell..." Morrible finished.
Glinda noticed a book in Madame Morrible's hands.
"Is that the Grimmerie?" Glinda wondered.
"Yes, the ancient book of spells and enchantments," Morrible answered, handing it to Elphaba.
"Can I touch it?" Glinda whispered.
"No!" Morrible whispered back.
"What funny writing..." Elphaba mumbled.
"Well it's a lost language. The lost language of spells," Morrible told.
"It's kind of a recipe book for change," the Wizard offered.
"Don't be discouraged if you can't decipherate it, dearie. I, myself, can only read a spell or two, and that took years and years," Morrible told.
"AHVEN, TATEY, AVEN TATEY AVEN..."Elphaba slowly chanted.
"Oh, Chistery, what a experience you are about to have!" The Wizard exclaimed, not noticing the small electronic device in the poor monkey's paw.
"AH MAY AH TAY ATUM"
"SInce once i have my own in the sky!" The Wizard began.
"AH MAY AH TAH TAY MAY TU SE SAY TA
"I know everyone deserves the chance to fly!" He finished.
Christery screamed and began to twitch.
"What happened? Is something wrong?" Elphaba shouted.
"No just a transition, dearie," Morrible assured.
"No, stop you're hurting him!" Elphaba exclaimed.
"She's actually done it!" The Wizard whispered.
Christery sprouted wings and began running around the area.
"NO! Quick, how do I reverse it?" Elphaba yelled.
"You can't!" Morrible told.
"What?!"
"You can't! Spells are irreversible! I knew she had the power, I told you!"
"You planned all this?" Elphaba whispered.
"Well, you benefit too, dearie! You benefit, too."
"And this is only the beginning! Look," the Wizard pointed.
The other monkeys began sprouting wings and flying around.
"Won't they make perfect spies?" Morrible muttered.
"Spies?" Elphaba asked.
"You're right, that's a harsh word... how about scouts? That's what they'll be really. They'll fly around Oz! Report any subversive Animal activity," The Wizard suggested.
"You can't read this book at all! Can you? That's why you need enemies, and cages, and spies. You have no real power," Elphaba yelled.
"Exactly... that's why I need you. Don't you see? The world is your oyster, now! You have so many...opportunites. You both do," The Wizard told.
"Thank you, your Ozness," Glinda said.
"Since once i had my own day in the sky, i think everyone deserves the chance, to..."
"NO!" Elphaba yelled an ran off.
"Elphaba!" Morrible called.
"Elphie! I am so sorry, your Wizardship. I'll fetch her back! Elphie wait!" Glinda exclaimed and ran after her.
"We must get her back. She knows too much!" The Wizard shouted, climbing into the head.
"Don't worry! I will handle it," Morrible promised.
With a powerful voice the Wizard shouted, "Guards, guards! There is a fugitive loose in the palace! Find her, capture her, and bring her to me!"
"Yes your Ozness!" The guards said and ran off.
Christery sneakily walked off.