Meet The Parents

"Are you ready?" Nick aske Elphaba.
"I don't know. This is a big step. And, believe it or not, i've never done it before," Elphaba whispered.
"Me neither. This is my first serious relationship, but we'll get through it. Together."
"Okay. Go ahead. Enter."
Nick smiled a calming smile and...opened the door to his parent's house.
I really hope you guys didn't think...they were going to...
Anyway, as soon as Nick opened the door, an older woman walked up.
"Hello! I'm Jane Jacobs. I have heard so much about you!"
"Hi! Nice to meet you!"
An older man walked up.
"I'm James Jacobs."
The woman led Elphaba to the kitchen.
"Do they know who i am?" Elphaba whispered.
"If by do they know who you are you mean they know you are innocent, then yes, they know who you are," Nick answered.
"You can sit here in between Nick and me and across from James."
Elphaba obeyed, followed by Nick.
When Jane brought the food, everyone dug in. Of course, Elphaba was polite about it; she wanted to make a good impression on Mrs. Jacobs.
The food was amazing. When dinner was over, the conversations started.
"So, Miss Elphaba," Jane began.
"Just call me Elphaba."
"Okay, Elphaba. What about your parents? Are they still...living?" Jane asked catiously, not wanting to upset Elphaba but also wanting to know the answer.
"My father is alive, but my mother died while giving birth to my younger brother, Shell," Elphaba answered.
"I remember seeing your father at court," Jane said, trying to steer from the unhappy topic of Elphaba's mother; though the court wasn't much happier.
"What about your brother? Where is he?" James asked.
Elphaba laughed lightly. "We don't know. He is a spy."
"Oh," Jane mumbled.
"What about you, Nick? You've never told me if you had any siblings," Elphaba wondered.
"Oh, um. Well, i have a sister. She went to see the wizard and never came back," Nick murmered.
"What was her name?"
"Dorothy," Nick answered. Upon seeing Elphaba's shocked face, he quickly added. "Not as in Dorothy of Kansas."
"I thought Dorothy was an uncommon and unusual name. No offense," Elphaba commented.
"We heard it from someone from far away," Jane told her.
"Do you have any other siblings?" Elphaba wondered.
"No, but i have a cousin," Nick answered carefully, obviously hiding something.
"Yeah?" Elphaba asked cautiously.
"Yeah. His name is Fiyero. Fiyero Tiggular."