Gaiden 55.5 (Aimed Target)

"Wait, we're going to split up?! Wind, are you out of your mind?!"

That's what I've been thinking ever since he explained his plan. To be honest, this is not like Wind or Hayate Palmer in real life to come up with a crazy scheme like this, and while we were trying to escape from that hostile NPC's cronies.

"Just trust me. I know what I'm doing. By the time we run into a fork, we'll split up and lure them to a respective open area at the end of each road. And since we made the first strike on two of the bandits before they could attack Arthur, I have a feeling they'll be splitting up to chase us down too for our interference."

Easy for him to say. And just to give you a brief explanation about this, we were trying to finish some random missions outside <Initio> with Arthur and Wind when we encountered a bunch of NPC soldiers outside the <Tested Wilds>, the very same forest that we presumed that something big happened with our friend and his brother after reading that [World Notice]. But when we tried to leave, we heard some screams and saw that they were attacked by NPC bandits. Wind decided to take care of them and we have to make sure he won't risk himself in the process. Of course, we ended up confronting a strong NPC criminal, and now we're running away from two of them to draw them away just so Arthur won't have a hard time fighting that guy back in the entrance.

Unfortunately, this just ended up with us being the targets of those bandits and now we're trying to run away from them. The only options I have right now is to stop and stop them in futile or to accept Wind's crazy plan. Either way, I guess I have no other choice.

"All right. But try to limit yourself. Your main strength is ranged attacks and I doubt you'll able to survive in a long-term melee fight."

"Says the guy who wields a magical pistol and rifle as his main weapons."

"Touché."

Eventually, the bandits end up throwing knives at us and I'm forced to use my gun to deflect them. If I keep this up, then I will run out of [MP]...

WHOOSH!!!

"W-What the hell?! Where did that second road come from?!"

I scream in shock as I witness a single road in front of us part into two. Heck, is that even possible in here?!

"No time to play 20 questions! This is our chance!"

"W-What?! Isn't it a bit suspicious for us to split us up on these two strange roads?!" I speak up, not trusting those roads for even a minute.

"I told you to trust me! I'm sure at the end will be your key advantage to your success."

"Huh?"

Just before I ask how he knows this, Wind heads for the right road and shouts, "Good luck, Razul!"

"W-Wait, Wind! Don't leave me behind so soon!" I scream as I try to stop him. But alas, he disappears from the road he was running on. "Dammit, I don't have a choice, do I?!"

As much as I want Wind to return and explain everything, I doubt I have time to stop him. With that bandit getting closer on my tail, I have no choice but to take the left road and hope for the best.

----

Once I go through it, I enter through the end of the path without any second thought. To my surprise, I find myself in a field of vines surrounded by trees, something that reminds me too much of an airsoft battlefield that my club always visit after school. This is a bit shocking considering there are several vines and paths that act as covers during a shootout. It's as if Wind knew about this place and lent me this place to finish off this jerk. I wish I can question him about it, but I have no time.