Chapter 22: New Creations

Alright, considering our limited time in the game this time, I could only make a few batches of potions for today. [Healing Potions] and [Mana Potions] weren't a big deal for me to make since I could practically make a whole batch of them in a few minutes thanks to my skill's [Mass Production] ability. Because of that, I decided to try out some several new recipes as well ones that weren't listed in either the game's wiki and guides, or in my crafting menu. However, even if I was going to be experimental this time around, I felt that trying to make something out of the [Shrouded Lily] herb at my current level without any tips and tricks might bring trouble to both me and everyone else.

I had already taken out and organized my [Advanced Alchemy Kit] on my desk, but I still had to decide what I could use for my first experimental potion. Right now, I had these new items in hand that I'd gathered from the weeks of grinding and farming.

x15 [Amei Petals]

[Plucked from the Amei flowers of Initio, they are well-known for their sweet fragrance. They are often used as an ingredient for famous perfumes and colognes in all of Volo.]

x10 [Vis Herbs]

[Herbs that are known to energize and boost the living being's mana. Taking in too much, though, will cause major side effects to the body.]

x8 [Magus Roots]

[Roots plucked from a [Magus Herb]. Due to how they absorb the mana in the ground, they are more potent than the usual [Magus Herb].]

x6 [Testa Seeds]

[Seeds of a Testa plant, which is known for temporarily increase your focus and concentration into the user's magical potential. While the seeds are weaker than the [Testa Herbs], it is best to keep an eye on the number of seeds used to consume or mix.]

x15 [Spicy Seeds]

[Seeds of a Conditus plant that is well-known for their strong and spicy flavor. Unless you want to take a risk with your own mouth, it is highly recommended not to eat them raw.]

To be honest, finding and gathering these herbs and seeds was not an easy task. Unlike the herbs I usually used for my recovery potions, most of them were very uncommon in the Initio fields and while my [Magical Affinity]'s current level had improved my [Aura Sight's] line of sight, it still couldn't detect anything that didn't have any trace of mana inside it. And since some of the herbs didn't have mana, I had to rely on Wind's [Eagle Eye] to help me find them. Which was another reason why I was happy to have him here as my [Guardian Player].

Back to the task at hand, since I wasn't relying on the recipes this time, I decided to try to figure out what herb or seeds to should use myself. Thankfully, according to the game's wiki, most of the items' flavor descriptions were actually real in a sense in this virtual world. So if the [Amei Petals] entry said that it had a sweet fragrance and taste, I could smell and taste just what the description said. And since most of the items I had right there were based on mana, I think I should make a potion related to it.

However, there was a problem I'd been having for a while now before this. Most of these herbs and seeds focused on boosting the mana energy inside my body, and some even had warnings regarding the consumption and use of them. This made me a little worried that I might be carrying items that could be made into potions that could be dangerous to me. So dangerous in fact that I wouldn't dare to mention them in front of Wind or my parents. Still, if I could balance the effects to prevent any side effects, I could try adding some of the other herbs in hand. I just had to pray it didn't blow up in my face literally.