Chapter 12: A Break

Well, that had been the most eventful two hours of our lives. Not only did we find that my friend Zac was in the game, but we managed to gather enough herbs to save for tomorrow. I mean, we only used a few potions during our monster hunting session (well, Kaz used most of them since he spent more time hunting more monsters than I did), but I figured it wouldn't hurt to take my brother's advice to try and level up our other skills, just in case. I don't know if my [Hunting] skills would be helpful, but since I might try taking on the role of a Hunter, I might as well raise my skillset until then.

After we returned to town from our recent excursion, Kaz and I headed over to a nearby inn to rest. Since nighttime occurs for 4 hours, he suggested that we find a place to sleep, in case we wanted to temporarily log out for a few hours. That way, we could not only take a break from playing Isekai for a while, but we could organize our equipment for our later meeting with Z- I mean Arthur at the <Adventurer's Guild>.

I would've preferred to log out in the town square, but Z- I mean, Arthur told us that a temporary log out there would just leave our characters idle and unable to disappear until we completely logged out. Not only that, other players would have a chance to use stealing skills to rob us of our equipment and items if we left our avatars out in the open. It was a strange mechanic, yes, but he did have a point. We had managed to obtain some items that we may use in the near future and there was no way we should get careless and let thieves get away with these well-earned rewards of ours.

So first, we had to rent a room in the inn for us to rest. Now, the currency was different compared to the real-life US dollars we all know, which was obvious since this game took place in a fantasy world. For Isekai Online, it was called [Lapuzi] or [Lapi] for short. Of course, banknotes don't exist in this world, so most of the [Lapi] currency consists of a gold coin with a tree-like symbol in the back. As noticed when we checked our inventories yesterday, we started off with 100 [Lapis] and so far, we hadn't sold any of the items we got from killing monsters. Not to mention that I have to pay about 60 [Lapis] to buy an Alchemy Kit and some [Empty Bottles] for Kaz. Thankfully, staying in the inn cost us 10 [Lapi] per night, so in total after the payment, we only have about 130 in total.

Back to the inn, as we entered our room, we saw it had two beds, a wooden desk near the window right in front of us, and a small lamp attached near the door. I had to admit, this reminded me a lot of our room, except without most of the technology we'd lived with most of our lives. Then again, this game was set in a medieval world ruled by magic, so I wasn't too surprised.

As I set my bow and quiver down near my bed, Kaz rushed towards his bed on the right side and began jumping up and down. "This. is. AWESOME!!! It reminds me of a lot of our bedroom back home!"

"Yeah. But virtual or not, please stop jumping at the bed. We don't want to disturb the other guests."

I could see Kaz frowning as he stopped jumping. I wished he could jump as much as he wanted in real life, but our mom hates that and we seriously didn't want to make her angry. "Anyways, do you want to log out for a while? It'll be a while before morning here. Plus, we have to watch our health in real life. I seriously don't want a backache from lying down all day."

"I know. But can you give me a few minutes? I need to try making some new potions for later. I know we only used a few of our Healing Potions, but we should at least prepare for the worst." That was true. Now while I normally would've gone on ahead without Kax, there was a rule that [Guardian Players] weren't allowed to log out without the players they were watching. It was sort of a pain since I couldn't log out without Kazu, but I neither could nor did I want to leave him alone in an unknown world. Besides, I was curious about what potions he was planning to make, especially when I saw some blue herbs on the table when he was setting up his [Beginner Medicinal Kit].