Chapter 96: Preparations for the Sign

I yawn as I find myself back at the altar where I first started my [Hidden Quest]. After that great victory, I'm so motivated to work on my pen now! Of course, with some extra materials I got after a few more hunts, I know I've got a lot of work to do before the second phase of the ceremony. Just to recap, I got these materials along with the rare drops I got from beating the [Tempest Frigate] alone.

2x [Tempest Feather]

[A feather that was shed from a [Tempest Frigate]. Because of its constant use of the tornado to protect itself, some of its feathers were imbued with [Wind] mana.]

2x [Storm Fragment Feather]

[A feather that was shed from a [Tempest Frigate]. Because of how it absorbs the lightning to charge itself, some of its feathers were imbued with [Thunder] mana.]

5x [Caeruleum Melinum Petals]

[Petals plucked from the [Caeruleum Melinum]. It is well-known for creating paint and pigments.]

4x [Sky Dust Resin]

[Resin that was extracted from a [Sky Dust Butterfly]. They used it to trap their prey before they drained their blood. In some cases, the resin can be used for a variety of crafts.]

3x [Slime Resin]

[Resin that was extracted from a [Slime Vine Tree]. Its sticky texture is perfect for creating traps and adhesive material.]

Man, talk about a big haul! Not to mention I've leveled up more of my [Masteries] from all of those extra hunts! But regardless, I've got a lot to do now that I've got everything I need. I have some ideas about the [Slime Resin] from fighting that living tree, but right now, I have to focus on the main part of my ceremony. After healing up at the altar, I place everything on it as I hum while staring at them in deep thought.

"Alright. With the feathers now in my possession, I might be able to make a super-powerful pen for the [Sign Ceremony]," I mutter to myself. "But I don't know what will happen next once I finish the pen, so I've gathered more materials for a new ink just in case." I then stare at the ceiling while humming. "I know I don't have time to make another tome and I doubt I can use one anyway. But I do have some more paper from my last [Scribe] craft. So along with the ink and pen, maybe I should make another journal. My first one is only for journaling and notes, so..."

Honestly, I'm a bit lonely right now. Yur1 and Wind are doing their own thing with their [Hidden Quests], Arthur and Razul are back at <Hill Forest> trying to deal with the rest of the [Link Ants], and I'm talking to myself right now because I'm bored at this point. But if I want to finish this ceremony, I can't afford any more distractions and the whole point of it is that I can't rely too much on everyone else. So I should get this over with right now. I take out my [Beginner Bookbinding Kit] and prepare some crafts. Of course, I've been saving one more tool that Wind made during his blacksmithing training with Wally and it's a good time for me to use it!

[Reinforced Iron Pen Knife]

[A pen knife that is used to cut the tip of the feather to create its nib shape. Using it will improve the nib for the quill.

Creator: <Wind>

Quality: 19]

I'm surprised he made this for me because Ol' Wally suggested one before building the parts of his new bow after I told him about my [Scribe Mastery] and this is a huge improvement since the quality is much better than the knife I used from the [Beginner Papermaking Kit].