Chapter 107: Pragmatic Wrath

Well, this is a bit...unexpected. On the outside, Acutus might be too blind in their rage to aim correctly at me while I start running around to confuse them and dodge their arrows at the same time. But I've never expected them to not only do so while being calm, but they've almost hit me a few times now. Two of them almost stab through my shoulder (with another one barely hitting my back) with me barely dodged them in time. I've already done everything to keep their sanity in check by not insulting them beyond what I've given. But I've never thought a person who carries a grudge against me could keep their aim while keeping their distance away from me.

At this rate, I can't prolong this battle any longer. I can't use my UI to see their [HP], but I feel like they can only endure a few more hits until they're defeated. I have to find another opening to do so, but this guy won't let me! Time for another improv before another one of their arrows hit me for real.

[Stop running, you coward! You're supposed to prove something to a spoiled brat like me!]

Speak for yourself. But they're right. I can't run forever. Sure, they've got some nasty tricks while they're [Enraged], but despite their attempts to maintain their cool head, I know they're going to crack soon. So test drive! Let's confirm something first.

"[Owl's Vision]!" With this, I can locate Acutus before they duck back into the leaves or hollow. And next, I shout, "[Tracking Aim]!"

With its guaranteed hit, I should be able to replicate my last attack with the difference that [Tracking Aim] has low attack power compared to [Corkscrew Pierce], which ignores [DEF]. This way, I can avoid killing them by accident. The only con is an emphasis on "low attack power" as I watch the arrow hit their left shoulder. So it's not enough to end this duel. But that's not my current intention at all.

[Not even close, kid!] Acutus declares before they disappear in thin air.

And that answers that. They're still using the same cloning trick before their [Enraged] state. I never thought they would use it again, but they have. How much does this guy want to beat me to the brink of my sanity?! Then again, they're not thinking straight, and using that skill must have cost them more than their [MP] or [SP]. If they keep this up, there might be some consequences to their crippling sanity. If I want to incapacitate them again, then I have to go all out. That also means using everything I have to outsmart them.

And it all starts with a second [Smoke Bomb].

[You have activated the [Smoke Bomb]. Your opponent will lose sight of you for 2 minutes until expiry.]

I can see the smoke spread out of the area as soon as my notice window pops up. This gives me good coverage while I work on the next step of the plan.

"[Eagle Eye]!"

With this skill, I can detect where Acutus's clones are right now. I already know that the real one isn't supposed to be able to be detected by [Eagle Eye], but the downside is that if they are hidden, I'll have to rely on the flight source of the arrows to locate them. This means it's time for me to play "Dodge the Arrows" again.

[Dammit! That's not what I mean! Stop using your stupid [Smoke Bombs] already!]

I smirk as I look up at wherever Acutus is. "Why? It's not against the rules. Why don't you use one yourself?"

[DON'T MOCK ME!]

And here comes the rain of arrows. I have to keep my focus and dodge the arrows as fast as I can while finding that arrogant archer hiding as usual. This time, aiming is not as easy because the guy is completely pissed to lower the number of arrows coming at me (that and my [Smoke Bomb] obscures his vision to aim at me very accurately) and letting my guard down to find the real Acutus would mean my defeat. So I have to play smart. Find an opening and make my strike.