Chapter 97: Dithered

I gasp in shock. How long was I out again?! Either way, I can't be bothered with the time right now considering the pain I'm still currently feeling between my eye,s and the worst migraine I've ever had in [Isekai Online]. They said I get no [Death Penalty], but they didn't say the pain is still there. Still, that was a huge loss despite having no [Mastery EXP] penalties or the usual pains of waking up after death.

First things first, I look around and see that I'm back in the room with the three doors. I also look down and see the very same key I used to enter one of those doors. Alright, everything is still intact. Thank goodness. But just in case, I check my stats and [Mastery].

[Wind]

[Stats]

[Race: Human]

[Total Mastery Level: 14]

[HP: 630/630]

[MP: 240/240]

[SP: 310/310]

[Mastery]

[Archery] Level 19

[Woodcrafting] Level 10

[Swordsmanship] Level 19

[Cooking] Level 9

[Wind] Level 16

[Physical Enhancement] Level 17

[Hunting] Level 15

[Blacksmithing] Level 18

[Dagger] Level 6

It seems that they were right. Without any [Death Penalty] for this [Hidden Quest], I can go back to General Veritate's room and have a rematch. But how can I since I can still recall those last words he gave to me before my loss?

[...You should find strength, not through your training and talents alone. If you want to conquer your opponent, you must show me your true convictions, kid.]

My true convictions... I know this is just a game, but...

To tell you the truth, I have nothing to back it up. It's always Kazuki this, Kazuki that...

I thought protecting him was all I had after I left him at the mercy of his bullies years ago. I thought being by his side was enough for my future.

But is he telling me that's not enough?!

I keep wrapping my heading around it. I keep thinking and thinking and thinking...

"GRAAAARGGGHHH!!! This is too damn confusing!!!" I scream at the top of my lungs before dropping to the floor, lying down in defeat. "God, why did this stupid game give me this [Hidden Quest]?! It's near impossible for me to beat!"

Well, it's not all true. I'm actually standing at a stalemate. Thinking about it isn't helping my head at all. It's not that the [Quest] is unbeatable. It's my fault. I'm just a teenager who can't even decide if I should go to college or not. At this point, I need a break from all of this mess. I mindlessly open my menu and tap the [Settings] button on my HUD.