Chapter 61: Guild Leader

CLANG!!! CLANG!!! CLANG!!!

That is all I can hear as Kazu and I leave the main building. We then witness three people marching towards us. Heck, this looks like some kind of a small parade due to their luxurious and regal appearances. The two players behind the tall one are not only wearing the usual leather armor and robe respectively, but they seem to be wearing silver long capes and sheathes holding a sword and a dagger. As for the brunette-haired guy, he wears gold with white and black accents with a gold long cape behind him and a large sword stored on his back.

If you ask me, they look a little bit gaudy, which reminds me of the exaggerated version of a shining knight that Zac made as his character during one of our TTRPG sessions. Then again, I'm not in a position to criticize their avatar appearance. Besides, as I approach them, I notice Star casually walk up to the man in the gold armor, who seems to be a bit peeved upon seeing her.

"Alton."

My eyes widen as I see him roll his eyes and sighs when he hears that name.

"Hey, Star. I didn't expect you to be here."

"Yeah. I'm not supposed to be here, too. But my customers are in a bit of a bind back in <Initio> and they need somewhere to stay until then."

"Customers?"

He bends his neck and turns to see me and Kazu. I didn't want any attention from him, so all I can do is to avert my eyes.

"Hang on. You two look familiar from the forums."

Ugh...

"Really? You mean you know who we are?"

"Yeah. You two are the completionists who completed that hidden [Quest], right?"

As I turn my eyes back to him, I gasp to see Star grab his ear and pull him away before he can walk up to us.

"Hold it! Did you remember what we promised back home?"

"Uh... Care to elaborate on that?"

I can hear Star sighing and says, "I mean you're supposed to keep an eye on Annie this weekend while I head out to work on the pageant at school!"

"Oh, that. Well, why don't you..."

To my shock, Star quickly grabs his shirt collar and drags him closer to her face.

"No, I do not want Annie to log into [Isekai] without my permission! Besides, your parents want you to take care of her in real-life too! As in no logging in for a day and no sneaking in there just to play your silly little guild game! Seriously, Anton! You're her big brother and almost an adult, act like it!"

Oh, god. She wasn't kidding when she said she is completely mad at Annie's brother.

"Guild games?! I have you know that this is more than a game for us! Listen, if we want to elevate our [Guild] to Gold, we have to keep it active enough to be recognized by the kingdom's monarchy NPCs."

"No! You listen to me, Anton! All your doing is ignoring your family for your friends and hobbies! And I'm sick and tired of you throwing your responsibilities onto my lap! You're almost a senior and you only have one more year till you move out of your house!"

"I-I... Uh..."

"If you keep prioritizing your silly games over your family, chances are, you're going to have an unfulfilling life after high school! All I'm asking you is to take your role as an older brother more seriously!"

"But still..."

Damn... I can see why she's a bit pissed whenever we bring up her older cousin. Though I do think her scolding is a bit much.