Chapter 113: Conquering Yourself

[Dual-Wielding Mastery]

[Anyone can dream of wielding two weapons to outspeed and overpower their foes. However, some can master this skill through grit and obstacles put themselves. Because of this unique way of fighting, this [Advanced Mastery] has 10 different styles to complement their preferred weaponry.]

I see. It would make sense why they made this [Mastery] "advanced". Dual-wielding weapons being OP aside, it offers several styles depending on the weapons I'm currently equipped with. Luckily for me, I don't need to grind for new skills to try them out since that strange Deus-Ex-Machina moment let me offer most of them for this battle. Although...

[This [Mastery] isn't released yet! You are the first player to unlock it before the first expansion in this battle! Stay tuned for more details.]

It would be more helpful if it would stop shilling itself for one second. I appreciate that I can try to unlock it at the next update, though.

[Wind Edge!]

My eyes widen as I turn around to get myself back in the battle. But it's too late as the blade of wind quickly pushes me a few feet away from the fakes. It doesn't cut me in half (thankfully), but there goes my fully restored [HP].

[I'm not letting you live, you cheating faker!] The fake Kazu screams at me. [You've insulted my brother for the last time!]

Yeah, I need to take care of that puppet who calls himself my real little brother. If Kazu was here, he would have been insulted by his remarks by now. I might as well do him a favor and shut him up for good.

"Try me, you real faker," I declare as I slowly stand up from that last attack. "That attack is my gift. Now let's see if you can hit me again. If you're lucky, of course."

I take a deep breath. After reading through my skillset for my new [Mastery], I know what I can use first.

"[Varius Stance]!"

A red aura starts to envelop my body as I let it move by itself in a strange sword dance with my sword and dagger. [Varius Stance] is actually a skill that lets me access a special set of skills depending on my weaponry. Since I'm currently wielding a sword and dagger (and I'm not gonna try with my bow), this is the only skill I can use at the moment. But I have no complaints since this is all sudden. Besides, it's all I need since it offers more than [SPD] buffs.

[Bastard! You're not going to dodge this too easily! [Tracking Aim]!]

My fake fires a [Spiral Arrow] with that skill. He's right. I can't dodge it. But I can block it.

"[Varius Art: Crazy Parry]!"

I twirl my dagger around before I use its blade to block the arrow before it can hit me. After that, I use my sword to cut the steel arrow in half, negating it completely.

[What?!]

I grinned once I see my doppelganger's shock after I took care of his arrow. "My turn."

I take one step forward and dash toward the doppelgangers. I would try another [Varius Art], but I have other plans in mind.

[You won't take one more step! [Twister Trap]!]

The fake Kazu raises his staff and before I know it, I'm trapped in another tornado that starts to scratch me again. I would have not bothered seeing the notice again. But...

[NOTICE]

[You are currently trapped in the tornado created by the [Twister Trap]. You will start losing 5 [HP] per second unless you can escape or the tornado expires in 3 minutes.]